C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 07:51 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend!

Took me a month to get the distributer recurved,mainly due to my refusal to get frostbite doing unnessisary car maintainance.Last weekend got it done and timed.Sounds sweet in the garage,but haven't ventured out on the road yet. Since then it's been "maybe tomorrow the roads will be better".
I'm thinking of taking up a new hobby.Perhaps beer can stacking! :cheers:
Old 02-14-2003, 07:58 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend! (The Money Pit)

Move to Canada. We may be in the great white north but we don't have that much snow. The fields have less then a foot and the roads tonight, even the shoulders are bare. I live near Toronto Ontario and you get alot more snow then we do. A friend of mine was in New York state a few nights ago and it was snowing at a rate of 6 inches per hour or a couple of feet over night. I can not remember getting anywhere near that snow fall in one day.
I love the snow and will spend most of the weekend playing in it. Dressed properly it is beautiful. The temperature today was -9 centigrade but the sun was shining and no wind. It was beautiful. This weekend is to have a high of -11C. That is cold but hopefully the sun will shine bright.
Have a nice weekend and enjoy the rest. I have a tractor to blow snow. I do not shovel.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:26 PM
Richard Cooper
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend! (The Money Pit)

I have not seen my back yard all winter, its been covered by snow! Now they are saying more snow over the weekend :cry I hate the winter!
My vette sits in my shed because its to cold for me to go out and do any work. Well, I guess it can't last forever. Take care and keep warm. :seeya
Old 02-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Clink69
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I WILL be up and about this weekend. No snow will stop me... In the expedition that is.. :lol: I am sick of this winter
Old 02-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend! (Clink69)

I'm getting a little tired of this white stuff. I'll be out shoveling. Non of this :steering: for a while
Old 02-14-2003, 09:23 PM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend! (Gordonm)

We just got out of 9 consecutive below zero days, so I don't want to hear any whining! All of Saskatchewan is laughing at you (and me) for being such wussies. Spring will come around soon enough, and we will appreciate it far more than our southern brothers. :yesnod:

AC
Old 02-14-2003, 11:36 PM
Harry74
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my 2 stage Toro overhauled this year and have yet to be able to use it! Today we were supposed to get 2-6", but now they have revised the forcast to 1-2", not nearly enough to pull out the "big guns". On the downside, I did have to move the '74 from one garage to another this week and of course the streets were full of salt, figures!

-harry
Old 02-14-2003, 11:39 PM
feb18blacksunday
Race Director

Location: Boone NC home of 3peat National Champs ASU Mountaineers
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend! (Harry74)

I've had 4 days since Thanksgiving to drive my 79,and dayum I'm ready for the bs to stop falling,snow sleet freezing rain today and Sunday.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:51 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Default Re: Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend! (feb18blacksunday)

Im headin out to the country with the snowmobiles tomorrow with a buddy of mine. Looking forward to a day of adrenaline pumping snow drift jumpin'.

The only way I am able to deal with winter, I developed a winter hobby.

Indy 500s, 1995's one for me, one for the wife. My top speed is 98mph across a frozen lake, and my sleds are not even close to being called fast.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:54 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Re: Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend! (feb18blacksunday)

I've had 4 days since Thanksgiving to drive my 79,and dayum I'm ready for the bs to stop falling,snow sleet freezing rain today and Sunday.
My remedy; #1-open both doors of my detached garage; #2- remove T-tops & put windows down in Corvette; #3- get two (2) large fans pointed at the Corvette, turned on 'HIGH': #4- fire-up my open-headered 12-second Z28 in adjacent bay! :steering: :D :cool: ;) :lol: :D Black Sunday, who you think'll win this Sunday? Junior? :blueangel:
Old 02-15-2003, 06:06 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend! (Glensgages)

Looks like we dodged this storm.....This winter reminds me of the winters long ago when I was a little boy in grade school. 1958--- :eek: :eek: OMG, I'm old! :lol: :lol:
Old 02-15-2003, 06:05 PM
SRitger
Team Owner

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

There's a BIG snowstorm headed for the DC area! Things will be okay for tonight, but tomorrow...watch out!!! Forecasts range up to 18-24 inches of snow by tomorrow night! :eek: :eek:

Good thing it's a long weekend!!! :seeya
Old 02-15-2003, 07:41 PM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are calling for 12-18" in my area. If you are feeling cold check out GrandSportC3's post about his weather :rolleyes: Might make you feel a little colder :lol: :lol: :jester
Old 02-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

... taking up a new hobby. Perhaps beer can stacking! :cheers:
And there aint nothin wrong with that. I assume you will be emptying them as you go along. :cheers:
Old 02-15-2003, 08:46 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Im a mailman and snow is one of my bigger challenges on the job. Been gettin plenty this year and got more on the way. Shoveling my driveway is the least of my worries. On the route I can handle the snow just fine when I get out early enough before the plows. After they come it really starts to suck. They push the snow over in a big pile right where I have to drive. When you shovel your driveway, throw the snow anywhere but in front of your mailbox. Its bad enough to have to deal with mother nature. But then its much worse when people pile it up in front of the box. When the weather man is telling everyone to stay home and dont go out unless its an emergency, the Post Office is telling me to go deliver the mail. I do it with a smile most always. I really appreciate it when my customers make whatever effort they can to keep the box cleared of things like snow, gargage cans and parked vehicles. By the way the P.O. is always hiring. Its not totally gravey like some people think.

:flag
Old 02-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Clink69
Drifting

At least I got out some today, spent the day in a used bookstore, lots of interesting stuff there. Tomorrow we are now expecting 18-24" :eek: :cuss . My house sits up on a hill and the wind circles it. The snow from 18-24" will easily drift 5-6 feet in front of my garage and front door.. Last time this happened I had to get someone with a bobcat dig me out.. I miss warm.. Someone chime in with some warm weather talk please...
Old 02-15-2003, 09:13 PM
wayne_69_427
Pro

Havn't had my car started since Thanksgiving :cry
Old 02-15-2003, 10:15 PM
ram82fire
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend! (wayne_69_427)

No vette driving here either since october and we are directly in the path of the monster storm . We are near Valley Forge Pa and looking at some BIG accumulations . Gadzooks batman whats up with this ??

George

:rolleyes:

Get notified of new replies

To Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend!

Quick Reply: Look's like yet another @$^&((*! fun filled snow shoveling weekend!