C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

washer pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 05:35 PM
jetech
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default washer pump

How do I remove the windshield washer pump from the reservoir. The pump looks like it is staked to the plastic housing that goes into the bottom of the tank. :confused:
Old 02-13-2003, 05:40 PM
FeedVaal
Burning Brakes

Default Re: washer pump (jetech)

If I remember it right from eight years ago, there is a nut way down deep at the bottom that holds it on from the inside. A long extension and socket are called for.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:20 PM
guppie
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

On my 78 it's threaded on the pump so I would just say unscrew and re-screw the pump in if it's like mine. I bought one for mine but can't figure out how in the world you get to it so I still have my pump sitting on my bench. Good Luck :cheers:
Old 02-13-2003, 08:29 PM
jetech
Racer

Default Re: washer pump (guppie)

Guppie:
I believe Feedvall is right. It takes a deep socket and extension to loosen the nut/screen inside the tank. It looks like you have to pop the filler neck off of the tank to do this. :yesnod:
Old 02-13-2003, 08:39 PM
guppie
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Jetech while you are probably correct about what Feedvall said is the least of my problems. I know my pump has threads on it and possibly a nut requiring a long extension to get at, I just flat can't figure out how to get at the tank or get the tank out to work on it. I guess you have to be smarter than the tank which apparently I'm not.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:41 PM
1979LS-6corvette
Intermediate

Yes he is right I just had my pump off it wasnt real hard to do. it was kinds fun getting it back on right. :iagree:
Old 02-13-2003, 10:23 PM
jetech
Racer

Default Re: washer pump (guppie)

Guppie
I took the two screws out that hold the tank to the wheel well, disconnected the wire connector and hose and turned the tank on its side with the neck facing forward and inboard. I think I can get to the nut after I take the neck off. Before I did all of this I removed the cruise control servo but I think you can still get the tank on its side with it in place. I don't think you can get the tank completely out without removing most of the left engine bay components. :smash:

Get notified of new replies

To washer pump

Quick Reply: washer pump