C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP BELLHOUSING CASTING NUMBERS FOR 11" CLUTCH

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 11:00 AM
chadman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP BELLHOUSING CASTING NUMBERS FOR 11" CLUTCH

I know that the 621 will work with the 11" clutch. What other numbers will work? Aren't there others that are the same???? :confused:
Old 02-13-2003, 11:37 AM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: HELP BELLHOUSING CASTING NUMBERS FOR 11" CLUTCH (chadman)

When I was converting from a 700R to the standard I bought a 14 inch flywheel which was the same diameter as the flexplate I was removing. I took the flexplate to the auto wreckers since it was lighter then the flywheel and the first bellhousing they tried was from a camaro and it would not allow the 14 inch flexplate to slide in. The next bellhousing was from a 85 one ton truck and it fit perfectly so I bought it. It came with a slave cylinder and I ended up also buying a new 85 one ton master cylinder for the clutch and it bolted directly to the firewall with out even drilling any holes. The only modification for to the length of the linkage. I cut it shorter and run a die over it.
You need the large flywheel to fit the 11 inch clutch. I bought a ford pressure plate because I got a deal on it. You could go to the ford dealership and see if they have heavy duty pressure plates from a old truck, mine was from a 64 and they just about give them away.
A chevy and ford pressure plate will both bolt up to the stock flywheel. The bolt pattern is the same. Chevy and Ford also can share the same 26 spline clutch disc if you use a tremec TKO transmission.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:41 AM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: HELP BELLHOUSING CASTING NUMBERS FOR 11" CLUTCH (chadman)

I'm running an 11" clutch with a 168 tooth flywheel. The Lakewood Blow-Proof bellhousing fits just fine (aside from the fact that you have to cut the bracket off of the side of the bellhousing for it to fit in the tranny tunnel). You could probably pick a used blow-proof bellhousing up for $125-$150 (I did). I just figured I'd throw that idea your way.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP BELLHOUSING CASTING NUMBERS FOR 11" CLUTCH

Quick Reply: HELP BELLHOUSING CASTING NUMBERS FOR 11" CLUTCH