C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

72 tilt-telescopic steering column hazard warning switch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 05:52 AM
V8yunkie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 72 tilt-telescopic steering column hazard warning switch?

As far as I remember, the **** for the hazard warning lights is bolted in a piece of aluminum (kind of a lever...) somewhere in the column.

Has anybody got a pic of that lever? Where can I get a spare?

Thanx!

Old 02-13-2003, 09:36 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: 72 tilt-telescopic steering column hazard warning switch? (V8yunkie)

All I have ever seen is a little 1/4 inch square piece of gray plastic it screws on to....and that is part of the turn signal sw assy....one piece replace all...
available at most parts houses....

GENE
Old 02-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Jim Shea
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Default Re: 72 tilt-telescopic steering column hazard warning switch? (V8yunkie)

On the 1969 through 1976 T&T column the hazard warning **** screws into a thing stamping that connects to the bottom of the turn signal switch and extends down past the hole in the side of the housing. If you go to http://www.corvettefaq.com and look under Steering. There is a Tilt & Telescoping Column 69-82 Blowup Pic that you can download. (I screwed up when I scanned it because it is nearly 1 Mg in size. It may take several minutes to download.) But anyway, the part you want is #11. It is mislabeled as "Hazard Bearing Race". It is a thin stamping about 2 or 3 inches long.

You might try http://www.columnsgalore.com out of New York. They may be able to supply that piece.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:09 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: 72 tilt-telescopic steering column hazard warning switch? (Jim Shea)

Jim, you showed me up on that one, funny, I would swear I don't have that part in my TT wheel assy....is that because I have one from like a '78 car???

I don't have late shark service lit.....I figgered they all the same except for the trim housing near the dash board....Mine has been modified to fit my car, but I can't remember what I did now...been near 7 years....oh my....

lack of documentation bites me again....

GENE :cry :cry ;) :eek: :cheers:
Old 02-14-2003, 04:06 PM
Jim Shea
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Default Re: 72 tilt-telescopic steering column hazard warning switch? (mrvette)

The 1977 and later columns did not have that stamped part.

Get notified of new replies

To 72 tilt-telescopic steering column hazard warning switch?

Quick Reply: 72 tilt-telescopic steering column hazard warning switch?