C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your pics...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 11:58 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Show me your pics...

I went up to the family farm on Tuesday to load up 3 ricks of firewood and take it to my mom's house. On the way, there is a '77 in pretty rough shape for sale. I stop to take a look at it, it is a black 4 speed car in horrible condition. It has some pretty severe damage on the front right from what looks like a pretty bad colision. The place was asking $2,500 for it. It would pretty well require a new front clip, including body, hood, and bumper. It looked like the front suspension was not damaged, but it is tough to tell if the frame is straight.

Even though I dont have room for another vette, and don't have the time, it would make a neat little project car, and I wouldn't mind spending the money and time if I had both resources to spare.

So that got me thinking... How bad did other people's vettes look before they started restoring / fixing / upgrading / etc...

If you have a good before and after story, post here. Add any pics that you have also...

Quick Reply: Show me your pics...