C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARKANSAS Owners: can you help?

Old 02-12-2003, 10:19 AM
Drache
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARKANSAS Owners: can you help?

I'm stuck in researching the history and original configuration of my 71 big block coupe. I know, join the club, right? I don't have the tank sticker or any info at all from its past. All I have found in the car is some change under the seat. Does anyone in AR recognize my car or the people/dealer it once came from? All the guy I got it from could tell me is it came from:

Classic Auto Sales
1205 NE J St
Bentonville, AR 72712
(501) 273-2237

I have found a listing for the following people associated with that address:

Ronnie Henry, Betty Henry
1205 NE J St
Bentonville, AR 72712
501-273-2237
501-273-3451

Several letters I have sent to that address have come back "undeliverable: no mail receptacle" (?) and calls are not answered. So... anything there ring a bell?

Pics of the car are at:
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/drache/

Some details that may help someone recognize it:

It is a 1971 LS-5 454 coupe, TH-400 auto with air, Brands Hatch Green, with Saddle vinyl interior. VIN 194371S115910.

When I got it, it had a novelty ARKANSAS plate on the front that said "LS5 454" and a Pioneer cassette receiver.

It has been repainted once with a color that appears to be a metallic match for brands hatch green. Everything works. It has the original engine block and tranny (at least the VINs match and the casting dates are within limits), but it has 3856206 closed chambered heads from Aug, '65, Hooker supercomp headers, a unilite distributor, a new Edelbrock 1901 Q-jet, lower-than-stock rear gears (est. 4.10ish), Spicer u-joints, new stock exhaust, new radiator shroud, new hood supports, maybe a new hood. The engine is immaculately clean inside and freshly painted outside. The driver's side window is original, but the rest of the glass is dated from different years in the 70's. The spare tire carrier and wheel look almost new or restored, but the spare tire is a radial from the 70's. The interior is a mix of original and restoration parts. It has the factory alarm. I think it used to have a luggage rack. The only rust is a little bit at the base of the windshield. The odometer reads 25k, but it's probably 125k.

From its configuration and condition, I'm guessing it was somewhat modified and enjoyed in the 70's (I don't see too many people choosing those heads today), and then sat in a garage for years, then spruced up for sale not too long before I got it. There's a slim chance it only had one owner before the AR dealer, and he may still have some papers... well, I thought I'd try. Any ideas??

Are AR DMV histories available to the general public?

Thanks! -Jim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ARKANSAS Owners: can you help?