C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Specials for us C3 guys!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 09:47 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Nitrous Specials for us C3 guys!

OK so it took forever, but I finally got Chris to work up some pricing for a Special for N20 for those of us who have C3's (& C2's)... :cool: :D

We are distributors of Nitrous Express ( http://www.nitrousexpress.com )who, in my opinion has some nicest kits out there right now. They are fairly easy to install sysems that offer the utmost in safety and power when installed propery. Not all kits are so easy... trust me.. I have cuts all over my hands right now from installing a NOS kit for a customer today! :cuss :cuss :cuss

Both kits are wet kits.. which simply put means that when you spray your nitrous you are also spraying a properly adjusted mixture of fuel to be sure that you are not running your engine too lean... When you mix a a lean enging with N20.... Things go BOOM in a hurry!!!! :lol: (this is where most of the misconceptions about nitrous come from!)

The Kits are complete with all the plumbing, brackets, longer carb studs, solenoids, switches, relays and wireing you'll need. These aren't the stripped down kits you see where you need to go and buy 15 other things to make it all work. They are complete. You can bolt it up and go. But since you'll probably want some of the other NX goodies - I had him give me prices on a couple of the common accessories too. :D

First is the NX's Hitman system....

Retails for around 640 bucks with a 10 lb bottle. ( http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...oc=101&dealer= ) Forum Price is 458.00 prices are based on Holley applications - I can get prices for you Q-jet guys too.)

The Hitman Plus is a great basic Nitrous system and it's pretty easy to install. It's adjustable from 50 HP all the way up to 200 HP. (although I wouldn't reccomend a 200 HP shot for a stock engine!!!) But if you want to give your car a kick in the pants the Hitman will definately do it... and do it pretty cheap at that!!!

The Second Kit is the Gemini Twin, Stage 6... which is the system I put on my car back in the fall. The Gemini Twin Retails for $775.00 The Forum special is only $554 (Which is cheaper than what I bought it for!!!!!!!! :cuss: :cuss:) http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...oc=101&dealer=

The Gemini is similar to the Hitman, with a couple of small but, significant differences. The Gemini Twin comes with a direct port plate system. Which simply put, directs the flow of your N20 & fuel in the right directions while heading into your intake. Meaning - it assures a perfect nitrous/fuel mixture to each cylinder. The proper mix is THAT important. The Gemini also carries a lifetime warantee on your solenoids. :cool: It is fully adjustable from 50 to 300 HP. All in all a great Deal!!!

As far as accessories go...

The NX Bottle heater (which automaticly comes on and off depending on bottle pressure) retails for $329.00 on special for $199

A fully remote bottle opener (so you can mount the bottle in that back) Retails for $320 bucks - only $219

And a purge valve for only 99 bucks that Retails for 150!

If you want Nitrous... now you can do it pretty cheap... and Do it right at the same time!!! :yesnod: :cool:

If you want in either shoot me an email (invisovette@comcast.net) or call me at the shop and either Chris or I will help you out. (shop phone # is 609-752-0321)

Nitrou8s is fun and it works. That is for sure. For those of you who have some basic Q's NX has a great FAQ section on thier site. Check it out... http://www.nitrousexpress.com/faq.html#common :cool:

Oh yeah... You can use this little guy in you sig if you get some spray too!!!

Finally a special for C3 guys!!! Oh and there will be mroe comming!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

[Modified by Mike69, 9:50 PM 2/10/2003]
Old 02-10-2003, 10:24 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Nitrous Specials for us C3 guys! (Mike69)

Mike, I wish I hadn't bought my NOS kit a few months ago. Your prices are a lot better man....im pissed now! :cuss
Old 02-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Nitrous Specials for us C3 guys! (74VETTE)

jeez mike, if i wasnt going head over heals for my new mods.. I'd have to snag one of those up..

btw where the heck have you been hiding? :smash:
Old 02-10-2003, 10:36 PM
JoeC427
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

:cool: post, I will be giving you guys a call in the near future. We just fired my new motor Saturday. I need to put a few miles on it before I spray it.
Thanks,
:cheers:
Old 02-10-2003, 10:57 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Default Re: Nitrous Specials for us C3 guys! (smokin75-427)

Awesome prices! :eek:
Old 02-10-2003, 11:34 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Default Re: Nitrous Specials for us C3 guys! (Corey 68)

Yep. Very good prices. Since I'm a forced induction junkie, I may just go this route instead of buying a set of heads. ;)

I'm more familiar with the EFI nitrous kits, and I have to ask how is the Gemini kit considered "direct port" when it appears to be a spray bar/plate type kit from the picture?

Thanks for posting this stuff!
Old 02-10-2003, 11:50 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

OK, quit laughing, but, what do you offer for the Cross-Fire Injection crowd? :rolleyes: I SAID, quit LAUGHING!!! :lol: :lolg: :D :lolg: :lol:
Old 02-11-2003, 01:40 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Nitrous Specials for us C3 guys! (WA 2 FST)

Chris - I told you you should have waited!!! :D You were too impatient!!! :lol:

Hey Corey! I've been around... but staying busy!!! Playing with cars all day keeps me away from the computer too much!!!!

Smokin 75.. Give me a call when you are ready. BB's love spray!~

We have gotten to a point where we have sold & installed alot of these NX systems. Thats the only reason we are able to get the stuff so inexpensively. From everything I've seen they are great kits. Otherwise it certianly wouldnt be on my car. :yesnod:

Wes - youre right about the "Diret Port" thing... Thats what NX calls it... well actually they call it a "Direct Port Plate system".... even though it probably isnt the most accurate name for it... Lets see if I can explain it a little bit...

You know how on some cars (with carbs) you will find that some spark plugs always burn "richer" than others? For instance I know that on my ZZ4, with a Edelbock performer - The 4 Center plugs are always a little darker than the outside plugs...indicating that they are recieving a little more fuel than the other cylinders. It's just one of those things about Carbs. From what I've seen This is especially true on single plane intakes. Certian cylinders always get more fuel than others. Just by the design of the system. In an Ideal world... (like EFI) all cylinders get the exact same amount of fuel.

Now add N2O to the mix. The same thing is going to happen if the N20 only comes from one or two orifices in the nitrous plate. (most systems only have one center bar on the nitrous plate, similar to the one in the "hitman" kit above.) Some of the cylinders are going to get more N20 than others. The Problem is - with Nitrous you risk creating a lean condition in those cylinders.

The Gemini "direct port plate" Has 4 orifices all on the outside of the plate, directing the nitrous shot in all directions inside the intake, eliminating this potentially bad situation. The more even the distribution the better. Les chances to find a lean mix - anywhere in the intake.

Chances are, that running a 100 or 150 shot (like most of us would) this probably wont make that big of difference but... I like to err on the side of caution... and since my car sees the track every so often.... I prefer to eliminate the possibility of turning my pistons into swiss cheese. The more even the distribution the safer the system is going to be - at least in my mind. Maybe it's over kill but it sounds reasonable to me.

Glen... thats a good question!!! I dont know if NX has something for the Crossfire guys... Although they say that they have a application for every motor vehicle in the world (how this is possible is beyond me but...) but I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what we can figure out!!!!! X-fire with Nitrous... hummmm... I'm sure it can be done!!!!!!!!
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

[Modified by Mike69, 2:40 AM 2/11/2003]
Old 02-11-2003, 04:12 AM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Can you shoot me an IM with a price for a Q-Jet? i was thinking of using No2 as a chemical intercooler,(50-100 shot) and this may be the time to buy ;) :cheers:
Old 02-11-2003, 09:09 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Nitrous Specials for us C3 guys! ('79ProwlerOrange)

Actually NX makes an "N-tercooler" Which is a pretty cool concept. I cant say what how it might perform on a Turbo V8... (since it looks like they have only tested it on a Honda :rolleyes: ) but the theory behind it sounds pretty good... Check it out here -
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...oc=101&dealer=

:cool:
Old 02-11-2003, 10:08 AM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Hey Mike,

I completely agree that direct port is _always_ the most optimum. I couldn't tell from the picture of the Gemini kit that it had 4 orifices, or I'd have figured it out myself. :) Good explanation as to how it is set up...thank you.

Sounds like a really nice kit. I'm going to have to seriously consider this alternative. Now, trying to find a good location for a 10lb bottle with the convertible top down (as it always is) may be more trouble than the rest of the install. :lol:
Old 02-11-2003, 08:12 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Nitrous Specials for us C3 guys! (WA 2 FST)

Let me know what you decide Wes... NX is pretty good about getting our stuff out pretty quickly.

For you Q jet guys... The Hitman kit will run 475.00 - normal retail is 659!!!! :eek:

Glen - I didn't forget about you either... We can definately get you some spray if you want it~! we are currently looking at two options. One for a two plate system (which would take 4 solinoids!) or some type of direct port system. I didnt get a chance to check it out until this afternoon and I missed my tech guy at NX... I'll find out some Ideas for ya!!! :D :cheers:
Old 02-11-2003, 08:40 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Mike,

1. How much for just a set of stickers? GOT NAWZ? :lol:
2. Do people really come into the shop and say, "Gimme the Nawz!!! :lol:

and a serious question...

What do you have for my lexus es300 (1997)? It has a 3 litre 6 cylinder engine 10.5:1 comp, 200 hp @ 5200 rpm. What kind of improvement could I expect? :) MJ
Old 02-11-2003, 08:52 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Glen - I didn't forget about you either... We can definately get you some spray if you want it~! we are currently looking at two options. One for a two plate system (which would take 4 solinoids!) or some type of direct port system. I didnt get a chance to check it out until this afternoon and I missed my tech guy at NX... I'll find out some Ideas for ya!!! :D :cheers:
OK, but when this snow melts, I don't wanna be THE slowest car around anymore! :rolleyes: And, QUIT LAUGHING!!! :lol: :) :lolg:
Old 02-11-2003, 11:08 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: (MNJack)

Mike,

1. How much for just a set of stickers? GOT NAWZ? :lol:
2. Do people really come into the shop and say, "Gimme the Nawz!!! :lol:

and a serious question...

What do you have for my lexus es300 (1997)? It has a 3 litre 6 cylinder engine 10.5:1 comp, 200 hp @ 5200 rpm. What kind of improvement could I expect? :) MJ
Stickers... For you... 15.95 but I'll gaurantee a 100 hp improvment!!! :lolg: :rofl:

and yes sometimes people do come ina and say give me naus! Usually we just make fun of them untill they call it nitrous then fill the bottle for them! :rofl:

And if you are serious about spraying the Lexus... yes there is a kit for it. And its really pretty amazing the results they get from spraying those pesky little engines... you can actually stick a 150 shot on it... which should be good for at least a second, if not a second and a half in the quarter mile!! No I'm really not kidding! If you want a price for it call me at the shop tomorrow, and I'll get you a price.

however, I am sorry to say that our lifts arent certified for forign cars, so we can install it on the lexus... Seems that only american muscle & sports cars fit on them - it's the crazyiest thing... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All kidding aside...If you want me to put it in for you I will - but you do realize that Chirs and Doug will bust my chops all week about it right??? :p

Glen if you want we can make sure you go fast by the spring time!!! The real question is how fast do you want to go??? :D If you want to look into some options give me a shout at the shop tomorrow... (609-752-0321) We actually have a killer set of edelbrock heads sitting there... They need a good home too you know!!! :D :cheers:
Old 02-11-2003, 11:24 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Default Re: (Mike69)

Glen if you want we can make sure you go fast by the spring time!!! The real question is how fast do you want to go??? :D If you want to look into some options give me a shout at the shop tomorrow... (609-752-0321) We actually have a killer set of edelbrock heads sitting there... They need a good home too you know!!! :D :cheers:
Serious about 'when this snow melts', laughing about 'doing it in a Cross-Fire', mad about this weather! It was 99% melted by last week; but now, I've got 6" on the ground, and that much MORE on the way! When will it END??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Old 02-11-2003, 11:45 PM
tersian
Pro

I'm about to go out of my mind with this snow crap. I am so sick of it, and just when I think it is going to stop, it starts snowing again!

Anyway, how much of a shot could an L81 with 100k on it stand? I plan on doing some bolt-on stuff to the engine as soon as I get a new job(I was layed off last month as a tech sector consultant) and was considering the Edelbrock Performer, Comp Cams 268H, and the MSD distrib with 6AL. I just don't want to melt my pistons until I am done with the 383 stroker.

Whatcha think?

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous Specials for us C3 guys!

Old 02-12-2003, 01:03 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Nitrous Specials for us C3 guys! (tersian)

I'm with you on the snow... My car hasen't been out of the Garage in 2 weeks.... :( and now I'm hearing that we can expect a MAJOR storm this comming weekend :nonod: :nonod: It's definately not looking good!!!!

Tersian... I don't know if I would go with N20 or any major mod program with 100k on the clock. It really depends on the condition of the engine. I've seen motors with 100+ thousand miles that look like they have 20 thousand on them, but I've also seen motors with 20,000 miles look like they have 100,000 miles on them.

What is the condition of your motor? Does it burn any oil? Smoke on Start up or under hard acceleration? How well was the engine maintained over it's life??? did it have frequent & regular oil changes??? Any noises from the bottom end??? At 100K miles the pistons wouldnt really worry me... but the over all condition of the shortblock might.

Most SB chevys are good for 120 - 150 k. Some more, some less. Will nitrous blow up a 100,000 motor. No - not if the Nitrous is kept within reason (100 hp or less) and properly set up. Will it expose any flaws in the motor??? Most likely, but so can any modification. Chances are that an engine with 100k has some signs of wear on (at least) the bearings. Spinning the motor hard - through N20 or heads and cam can help accelerate that wear and turn it into problems - like spun bearings and other ugly situations.

It's kinda like building a computer network. If you go out and buy a bunch of screaming fast, technologically advanced computers and hook them all up to a Old slow server - you'll never get the most out it. If the server is as fresh and up to date as the other computers on the network - everything is fast & smooth!!! And your less likely to encounter problems down the road.

I dont want to say don't do it... but, personally, I wouldn't, unless you know the engine is in great shape. If it were me I would save the money to put towards either a freshing up of the engine or that stroker you mentioned. At 100 k there are alot of variables to take into consideration. Be sure you have a strong platform - and tweak it from there. I don't want to steer you clear of buying Nitrous, but I also wouldnt want anyone to break anything.

Some salesamn I am huh??? :lol: But if you want some help building that stroker.. let me know!!! :D

[Modified by Mike69, 1:07 AM 2/12/2003]
Old 02-12-2003, 01:14 AM
tersian
Pro

I might take you up on that 383 buildup. Fact is, I haven't even started it yet since I have spent all winter re-doing the garage. Although, I do want to do it, I'm just not sure if I want to buy a short block and do the rest, or buy a long block, or just buy a crate motor. I'm not really into the crate motor thing unless it's been checked and double checked. I would be tempted to rip it all apart and check tolerances and torque on everything.

Do you have an engine shop there or do you just do performance parts?

-B
Old 02-12-2003, 01:18 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike69 working at ECS = :D :cheers: :smash: :jester :chevy :thumbs: :rofl: :hurray: :party:

Quick Reply: Nitrous Specials for us C3 guys!