C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers that will work

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 01:01 PM
cheeksspi
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers that will work

I recently installed some Brodix Track 1 heads on my small block '72 Corvette, and am having problems with my plug wires. These heads happen to have the angled plug design, and a spark plug on each side of the block goes directly into my headers. I still have the problem with "shorty" Accel spark plugs. I think my problem is that my headers are Headman ceramic-coated headers that were designed for the Corvette application, which "hugs" the block a little more. Before I take a chance and spend a lot of money on some new ceramic headers, does anyone have these heads, and headers that will work? If you have a part #, that would be great.
Adam
Old 02-10-2003, 01:21 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Headers that will work (cheeksspi)

I don't have your exact combination but perhaps mine will help. I have World Products angle plug heads and they fit fine with my headers. While I'm not sure who made my headers they look identical to Walker DynoMax (and Thrush) headers for Corvettes. In dealing with other people with the DynoMax headers I can say that they have the same routing style and fitment as mine so they are at least close relatives of some kind.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:20 PM
69schemers
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Headers that will work (cheeksspi)

I have Hooker headers on my motor with angle plug heads. They are 23 deg. Winston Cup heads that were produced by Brodix. I had a problem with one plug and ended up cutting and moving the tube.

Get notified of new replies

To Headers that will work

Quick Reply: Headers that will work