C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant temp sender unit accidently disconnected...where does it go???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 04:33 AM
sharkthehunter77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default coolant temp sender unit accidently disconnected...where does it go???

I accidently removed it ( the wire from the block) from it's seating place while changing spark plugs todays and have no working temp gauge! I know this thing goes somewhere on the lefthand cylinder block becuase thats where it came from( and thats where the manual says it goes) but i cant for the life of me find where this thing plugs into! The wire is fine and in good working order but i obviously need to know aht temp my coolong is at....any help out there???
Old 02-10-2003, 05:18 AM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

Default Re: coolant temp sender unit accidently disconnected...where does it go??? (sharkthehunter77)

That's odd. Maybe you just overlooked it in your frustration. I've done that aplenty. On my 81 it's on the side of the block as you described. I beleive between the 3rd and 4th cyl on that side. Just a one wire plug sending unit. Like you said it's real easy to miss.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:39 AM
guppie
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Re: coolant temp sender unit accidently disconnected...where does it go??? (sharkthehunter77)

On my 78 it's about 2" from the front and below the header on the block I hope that made sense. In other words just reach under the header about 2" from the front and feel around it's right there. Man I sound like a Blonde! :cheers:
Old 02-10-2003, 12:12 PM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Default Re: coolant temp sender unit accidently disconnected...where does it go??? (guppie)

Mine went in the HEAD not the block......Just changed the heads out and fer sure it was in the head, not the block........ :cheers:
Old 02-10-2003, 01:02 PM
75stinger
Drifting

Default Re: coolant temp sender unit accidently disconnected...where does it go??? (tnt76vette)

Old 02-11-2003, 12:04 AM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Default Re: coolant temp sender unit accidently disconnected...where does it go??? (75stinger)

Nice Pix '75 Stinger........A Pic is worth a 1000 words.......... :D
Old 02-11-2003, 12:18 AM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Hello Sharky,
Stinger couldn't have said it better.
Hows that new top end combo coming or where's it going? Always interested in whats working best for others before I spend more $$. My project is bogged down now and any good news from others is encouragement. :iagree:

Get notified of new replies

To coolant temp sender unit accidently disconnected...where does it go???

Quick Reply: coolant temp sender unit accidently disconnected...where does it go???