C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions on American Sports Car Center in Atlanta please

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 11:11 PM
ultimix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default opinions on American Sports Car Center in Atlanta please

Looking to get a 1969 - 1975 C3 and thinking about checking out American Sports Car Center in Atlanta. I will be down there in 2 weeks. Anybody here anything good or bad about them.
http://www.buyavette.net/

I am in NC and looking to get hopefully a 454 convertable or maybe a small block convertable, straight or auto. Thanks!!

Just sold my C1 - 1958 :(

thanks

Mark
Old 02-10-2003, 09:04 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: opinions on American Sports Car Center in Atlanta please (ultimix)

They are right in front of The Last Detail. Seems to me you could do better buying from and individual. But the prices are not too bad.. I just prefer dealing with private sellers
Old 02-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Stewart's74
Safety Car

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: opinions on American Sports Car Center in Atlanta please (Alwyn678)

I've been there. The prices they write on the windshield are just for knuckleheads that have money burning a hole in their pocket. You are supposed to barter with them.
Most of the C3's that they have parked outside are trashed. They did however have a couple of nice ones parked in the showroom.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:42 PM
bamavettes
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have dealt with Greg Rush Pres. before, and I believe him to be a honest businessman. I see him at Corvette Expo. twice a year. He tries to buy the best Vettes he can at the best price.

I sold him a '72 last Spring.

Old 02-11-2003, 02:14 AM
paintdaddy
Drifting

Default Re: opinions on American Sports Car Center in Atlanta please (bamavettes)

The only thing I like about the place is the Hottie that works there. :D There prices are too high and they are pressure salesmen.I looked at a 69/390 vert last year and I thought if the sales man got any closer ,I was going to ask if he was coming on to me.Thats only one experience Ive had and none of them have been great. :seeya
Old 02-11-2003, 09:36 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: opinions on American Sports Car Center in Atlanta please (paintdaddy)

The only thing I like about the place is the Hottie that works there. :D There prices are too high and they are pressure salesmen.I looked at a 69/390 vert last year and I thought if the sales man got any closer ,I was going to ask if he was coming on to me.Thats only one experience Ive had and none of them have been great. :seeya
yeah that chick is SWEET....I agree with the pressure sale....they really try and work an amateur ESPECIALLY
Old 02-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Drache
Instructor

All the above comments are correct. I was one of the knuckleheads who didn't have the opportunity to shop private sellers long distance, and there were no 68-72's for sale in my town, so I got mine at ASC (it was one of the inside-the-showroom cars). Their asking prices are high, but they do bargain fairly, are honest, and they do what they say they will do. They fixed what I asked them to fix, arranged the paperwork, had it checked out mechanically at Dave's in the back (who allowed me to go over it too); they got an independent appraisal at my request, and they delivered the car to my home 150 miles away. In all, it was a reasonably pleasant and convenient experience. They do offer a warranty on the drivetrain, but you have to bring the car back to their location to take advantage of it.

If they arranged this as a sales ploy, it worked: When I arrived, there was a guy upstairs bargaining on the car that I wanted, and eventually bought. They apparently came to an agreement but the guy didn't put any money on it, cuz the guy left saying that he had to go get permission from his wife before he could act and he would be back in a couple of hours. That'll teach him not to get a permission slip in advance.

Get notified of new replies

To opinions on American Sports Car Center in Atlanta please

Quick Reply: opinions on American Sports Car Center in Atlanta please