C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VB&P perf plus question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 09:48 PM
foundvettelifeisgood
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 183 Likes on 86 Posts

Default VB&P perf plus question

To anyone who has installed the front end set up yet (with the new VP&B upper A-arm) and got the car professionally aligned, how many shims do you have, and are they thick or thin?

I was careful to put the old shims back in just as they were on the old upper A-arm. On the new A-arm, the camber setting is visibly way off. I called VB&P and the guy said the new A-arm is designed to use fewer or maybe no shims for a more rigid set up.

Also, anyone know of any articles about this set up? :cheers:
Old 02-10-2003, 10:55 AM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: VB&P perf plus question (foundvettelifeisgood)

I've got the full VB system and I've got one 1/16" shim on the front left a-arm, and one 1/16" shim on the rear of the right a-arm. It's been a long time, but I do remember there being more shims with the stock stuff. The VB stuff has a revised upper ball joint location for greater camber range, I believe.

There have been several articles regarding this setup over the years, there's even a short article on this months CF or Vette, can't remember which, detailing a basic install of the front system.

Quick Reply: VB&P perf plus question