C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the ground wire to the frame for interior lights and dash panel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 07:08 AM
virtue4u
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Where is the ground wire to the frame for interior lights and dash panel?

My car has what I believe to be a non original wire shunt across the rag joint. The other day I broke the shunt and had no interior lights. I replaced the shunt and everything is fine again, but where is the original ground wire to the frame for the instruments and interior lights. If it makes any difference, I have a 77.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:55 AM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Where is the ground wire to the frame for interior lights and dash panel? (virtue4u)

I's assume yours is the same, but on my '82 the dash harness ground is located behind the upper left corner of the dash, behind the speedo/tach housing, near the windshield pillar and windshield wiper arm mounts.
Old 02-09-2003, 09:08 AM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where is the ground wire to the frame for interior lights and dash panel? (virtue4u)

My 81 also has the ground attached behind the dash on the inner firewall under the window.

Get notified of new replies

To Where is the ground wire to the frame for interior lights and dash panel?

Quick Reply: Where is the ground wire to the frame for interior lights and dash panel?