C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Components Moog or TRW?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 06:56 PM
kfede1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Suspension Components Moog or TRW?

I am a bit ignorant on this subject. Locally, I can get TRW or MOOG upper & lower ball joints. Most of the rest of the front end will be replaced by steeroids (rack and pinion) and Vette Brake Products Monoleaf and lower control arms, So that leaves the Ball joints and the upper control arm bushings (maybe idler arm???) to be replaced to get a new car drive... So the question is should I spend twice as much on MOOG parts, which I have heard are good, or should I get the TRW parts, which I do not know anything about in terms of how good they are?
Old 02-08-2003, 08:09 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Default Re: Suspension Components Moog or TRW? (kfede1)

Awhile ago I went to a very well respected suspension shop that works on alot of high dollar cars- they strongly recommended Moog. If you have a CarQuest store near you, they carry Moog in a CarQuest box. Maybe you can find a better price that way.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:41 PM
69stingray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Suspension Components Moog or TRW? (kfede1)

If I remember right, I bought an entire kit from VB&P that included all of the bushings and ball joints.

Get notified of new replies

To Suspension Components Moog or TRW?

Quick Reply: Suspension Components Moog or TRW?