C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today was just one of those frustrating days.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Maurice
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Today was just one of those frustrating days.

I took this week off (Yes I took 2 weeks ago off also) to get the engine in the coupe and up and running. It has been a frustrating week so far, but today has been by far the most frustrating day maybe in my life. It was just one of those days where every little thing was a pain. The pack of cotter pins I bought yesterday : MISSING. The hole I noticed above the oil filter (see other post) : extra trip to several places to get a plug. My razor blade scraper : MIA, found after trip to hardware store and purchasing 3 more. Transmission mount I had yesterday : played hide and seek for over an hour. Can somebody explain this natural phenomenon to me: You test fit header bolts into the heads to make sure everything fits nicely and they do, you then try to put the headers on and those *$*^%)#^ little bolts will do everything in their power to get cross threaded or just wont go in at all. POP QUIZ: What is harder to figure out, a rubics cube or how the power steering pump and bracket fit back on. Don't think I am complete dummy though, I have looked at my other vette and things are WAY different on that. So much for having an extra one to look at to figure stuff out.

Anyway, I am making slow progress. I dropped the engine and trans in this morning by myself and it did go in pretty easily so I do have something to be happy about. I am sure learning alot this week! One of my problems is that I cant find my AIM or my Chiltons that I had not that long ago. Another thing that is hindering me is that I had help taking the engine out, and other people unhooked stuff and I don't know how it goes back together. I am very thankful for the help that was given, it is just I am now in the dark as how it goes back together.

Anyway thanks for listening, just been a hard day and I needed to vent.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:23 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Today was just one of those frustrating days. (Maurice)

Sorry you had such a rough day. You're a brave man doing all that by yourself though, gotta give you props for that! If you get too frustrated just take the other vette out for a spin! :thumbs:
Old 02-07-2003, 08:15 AM
MidShark
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts

Maurice- I'm just relieved to see that I'm not the only one who has a day like that once in a while- don't mean to make light of it though. Look at the bright side, at least when you get her done, you can take her for a spin. I'm up to my armpits in snow! I've been to Hawaii twice, and it's beautiful, man I envy you! :yesnod:
Old 02-07-2003, 08:29 AM
Avette4me
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I've had days like that too. Besides venting, you probably are helping remind all of us that we aren't the only ones that deal with that stuff, so thanks (and good luck). :banghead:
Old 02-07-2003, 11:48 AM
RCB69L36
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, but you live in Hawaii!!!

Mahalo!!

:thumbs:
Old 02-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Re: Today was just one of those frustrating days. (RCB69L36)

It will get better we all have those days
Old 02-07-2003, 12:43 PM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Your post reminds me of when I replaced the heads without an assist as well as removal of my tired TH350 and replacement with a 700R4 (as well as my sole removal and re-installation of the driveshaft, rear differential and half shafts). I was constantly checking things to ensure that I hadn't missed something or incorrectly installed/tightened the caps on the u-joints (one of those flying off could ruin a day!). The '80 has been together for quite some time now but I still give it a 'once over' occasionally to be sure nothing is about to 'let go'.

Enjoy your project! :cheers: And keep us posted on progress (pictures too!)!
Old 02-07-2003, 12:47 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

Default Re: Today was just one of those frustrating days. (Alwyn678)

You sound like my brother. If his head wasn't attached he'd lose that too. :lolg: :hurray: :banghead:
John
Old 02-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Stewart's74
Safety Car

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: Today was just one of those frustrating days. (TedH)

Just dont end up with a box of "Extra" parts. :eek:
Old 02-07-2003, 03:48 PM
zone69
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Lets see i'm in New York City 5"s of snow you're in Hawaii I'm at work doing well work your in Hawaii need i say more. bad day its all how you look at it :)

Get notified of new replies

To Today was just one of those frustrating days.

Quick Reply: Today was just one of those frustrating days.