C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinions on paint and body work

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 05:54 PM
Gary Christensen
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinions on paint and body work

I have a 1982 Bright Blue with only 28K original miles. We are the third owners. after about 1 1/2 years we noticed that the left front fender where the front nose piece meets the fender was showing a slight crack. I now suspect that the front was damaged sometime before we bought it. I live in the greater detroit area.. What should I expect to pay for a quality body/paint repair? should I get the entire car repainted? anyone got a suggestion on a good repair facility? Penningtons in Troy, MI? :steering:
Old 02-07-2003, 05:19 AM
paintdaddy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need opinions on paint and body work (Gary Christensen)

I dont know any body up there but you will probably pay around 5-6k for a good paint job,not show but good.For just the repair,without looking at it ,you should pay about 6-700 and they will probably will paint the whole front end.Let me give you some advice,DO NOT GO TO A COLLSION SHOP.They are usually only interested in insurance work.I have seen too many vettes hacked up by collision shops.Find a restoration shop or a vette only shop. :seeya

Quick Reply: Need opinions on paint and body work