C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got screwed by Ebay!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 10:28 PM
dukvet76
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just got screwed by Ebay!

So I bid on a set of 84-88 seat covers and won. Great, only $207.51 for a set of leatherlike covers. Was I happier than a pig in s**t. So that was on January 20th. I still haven't received them, he's received my payment and probably 5-6 emails and 1 phone call. I emailed the other winner of his other set and he's getting the same runaround. :mad So, if anyone lives in CA and wants to help me be a pest and see what's up, here's the guys info.

Seller's Payment Address:
MARTIN HERNANDEZ
1016 ALPINE CT
REDLANDS, CALIFORNIA 92374, US
909-794-1969

Here's the item that I won and paid for:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ME:B:EOAB:CA:6

And Here's his email the day after I won the item (also the last correspondence with him!):

Thanks for the fast payment!
We ship with UPS ground, should be on the way in the next few days.
Thanks again, Marty.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 12:53 PM
To: babymarty@msn.com
Subject: Item #2400455140 - Notification of an Instant Purchase Payment Received

This email confirms that you have received an Auction Instant Purchase Payment
for $207.51 from Rob Menzies (rmenzies@stingray-webdesign.com)
Old 02-05-2003, 10:35 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Just got screwed by Ebay! (dukvet76)

It looks like the guy does a lot of business on eBay. Maybe you can have the eBay authorities take action on your behalf? :nonod:
Old 02-05-2003, 10:42 PM
dukvet76
Pro

Default Re: Just got screwed by Ebay! (Mac)

Here's a response I got from someone who did receive his covers:

It took almost a month to get them . I sent several emails with no reply . I finally got a reply after emailing him and asking him if he cheated me to just let me know it . I also stated I was going to leave negative feedback on him the next day . I received an email from him stating something went wrong with his computer but my covers had been sent .Also stated he sent out three covers and everyone else had received thiers . one week later , no covers . I emailed another nasty email and he sent them by overnight . He never did give a tracking # but I did finally receive them .
It's just really sad that this has to happen. Maybe the guys just missing a few marbles! :conehead
Old 02-05-2003, 10:46 PM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Default Re: Just got screwed by Ebay! (Mac)

That sucks! im currently seeing if PayPal is going to be able to help me from geting screwed on my turbo buy. on a side note, thats a great site you have :cool:
Old 02-05-2003, 10:49 PM
1971Ultra
Racer

I would go down there and shake his tree but he's just too far South from me. I'm in the Bay, he's in the LA area.. :smash:
Old 02-05-2003, 10:51 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Seems to be a slow but ok Ebayer...
I think that he has to order the covers from one place and then sends it to the buyers.. He probably doesn't keep any in stock...

:cheers:

Olivier
Old 02-05-2003, 10:54 PM
dukvet76
Pro

Default Re: Just got screwed by Ebay! ('79ProwlerOrange)

That sucks! im currently seeing if PayPal is going to be able to help me from geting screwed on my turbo buy. on a side note, thats a great site you have :cool:
Thanks alot. I'm still working on speeding up the site, as it's sitting on my own webserver and the U/L rate is a bit slow. Took quite a bit of time, but I'm finally somewhat happy with it!
Old 02-05-2003, 11:15 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor

dukvet76...

I bought a CVR high torque starter from a reputable dealer on E-bay on the 25th of January and as of yesterday there was no confirmation that it had shipped. I'm thinking if you really go through the rules at E-bay that you cannot make a claim of foul play until at least 30 days(or more) pass. If you really think you are getting stiffed you might want to contact the seller to let him know that you will be leaving negative feedback based on that you cannot get an answer. The seller in your case has a clean feedback record, so maybe that will encourage him to get going. Most don't want their record tarnished.

By the way... I sent a nice reminder to my seller yesterday that I had not recieved the item. The seller responded today that it was coming from a distributor and would be shipping today. Don't get me wrong... I have been through what you are going through and trashed a couple of sellers only to have them attempt to have those negative comments taken down months later through some crap service called Square Trade that E-bay has to clean up their records. It is rigged as every attempt I made to respond *No* that I will not retract the negative feedback ended up never going through. They sent me the same thing giving me my last chances to respond or their records would be cleaned. They even conveniently made sure I could not write them an e-mail to say *No*.... all an automated process that I was not supposed to be able to answer. The *Power Sellers* win at E-bay.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:36 PM
dukvet76
Pro

Default Re: Just got screwed by Ebay! (bgrice)

I paid him through Paypal, and I actually have to file a complaint before 30 days are up. Here's part of their document.

Complaints must be filed no later than 30 days from the date of payment. Only one Complaint may be filed per PayPal transaction. PayPal will seek to resolve the complaint within 30 days of the date the complaint is filed, though such time frame may be extended, if appropriate, to accommodate the investigation. This policy applies only to the sale of tangible, physical goods and excludes all other sales and services, pursuant to section 1 above.
Now from the other post, it took him a month to get his. Do I wait till the last minute to file the claim or wait another week?
Old 02-05-2003, 11:39 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default Re: Just got screwed by Ebay! (bgrice)

Did you read his ad "closely" You guys were bidding on "ONE' seat cover, not a set, hence two auctions, two winners-he's now figuring how to split the set for repackaging "each" seat cover individually :lolg:
Old 02-05-2003, 11:46 PM
LiveandLetDrive
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Too many people are wayyyy too friendly with feedback, if he does something marginally bad, he should get a neutral, no great transaction, no bonus points. If he does something really crappy like you seem to be in, there should be negative feedback. It makes me sick to see all the "Took a month to recieve...Positive" feedbacks, unless of course there's a legitimate explanation. Ok, I'm done :leaving: Good luck working it out! Sounds like threatening is what works :thumbs:
Old 02-05-2003, 11:51 PM
dukvet76
Pro

Default Re: Just got screwed by Ebay! (Paul Borowski)

This is the details of my bid:

COMPLETE SET FOR TWO SEATS
You scared me there for a minute Paul. Hopefully I really don't receive one!
Old 02-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

This is the details of my bid:

COMPLETE SET FOR TWO SEATS

You scared me there for a minute Paul. Hopefully I really don't receive one!
Yeah, just kiddin' Duke, just wanted to lighten things up a little-I've gotten "marginal" parts too, but at least the price was cheap enough where it was'nt "that bad".
Old 02-06-2003, 12:38 AM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Just got screwed by Ebay! (Paul Borowski)

Yeah, just kiddin' Duke, just wanted to lighten things up a little-I've gotten "marginal" parts too, but at least the price was cheap enough where it was'nt "that bad".
Paul....

You are seriously rough.... I had to go back to the auction too. :lolg: :lolg:

Remind me to not buy E-bay stuff from Paul. :lol:
Old 02-06-2003, 01:55 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

lessons learned...DO NOT USE EBAY :D
Old 02-06-2003, 04:47 AM
HcDave1
Racer

Default Re: Just got screwed by Ebay! (LT1driver)

hahaha im only 15 mins from that dude ..... i should go over there and say whats up and get your merch :)
Old 02-06-2003, 05:48 AM
new75coupe
Heel & Toe

Had a worse experience when I purchased a rear bumper cover on e-bay and never received it! However, my credit card (MBNA) has a nice feature - send a claim never received merchandise, they bill back paypal, and you get your money back. Don't know who ends up paying in the end, Paypal or the "seller" and don't really care. I would never buy anything, from anyone on eBay any other way. Check your credit card statement - most reputable card providers have this service. Ebay and paypal dispute resolution processes will just get you frustrated and unlikely to get your money back.

Get notified of new replies

To Just got screwed by Ebay!

Old 02-06-2003, 08:24 AM
bigvette1
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Just got screwed by Ebay! (GrandSportC3)

Here is a thought for all. If you pay by money order or check and send it certifyied to the seller and he signs for the payment and you get the card back, and fails to supply the goods, that is called mail fraud. The PO has a cause for action. FYI
Old 02-06-2003, 01:12 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Now from the other post, it took him a month to get his. Do I wait till the last minute to file the claim or wait another week?
File the complaint now! You can always let paypal/ebay know that the complaint was resolved amicably later. It also gives the seller some incentive to send you the merchandise. Good luck! :cheers:
Old 02-06-2003, 04:16 PM
SnoDrgn
Team Owner

Location: Swords Check/Saws Check/Clubs Check/Claws Check/Hatred Check/Anger Check/Murmaid Check/Murder Check
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

I think you may be over reacting. I think two weeks from CA to Ontario is pretty quick especially through customs. It usually takes 3-4 weeks to receive items I won from Canada and I'm only in WI. Try to contact him and get some tracking information.

Quick Reply: Just got screwed by Ebay!