C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emmisions info

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Ak. Mal
Race Director

Location: Kansas City, MO ...I'd like to go fishing and catch a fishstick. That'd be convenient. - Mitch Hedberg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Emmisions info

Where can I find some good info on what is involved with an engine swap into an 80-81? I want to know what to expect when dealing with the emmisions systems and any computer systems that may exist.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default Re: Emmisions info (Ak. Mal)

Others will chat here too, but realistically, you MAY need to find out any emission LAWS first in your state, county or township. Many areas one cannot put license plates on a car if the catalytic converter or smog pump is missing. Several counties here in Ohio MAY NOT let you get plates to register for street driving unless all factory emission equipment is on the car. You may want to check this BEFORE you do any kind of work.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:19 AM
bigvette1
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Emmisions info (Paul Borowski)

Paul, most state laws state that you can not alter or remove anything emission component that was origionally on the vehicle in that year. Also, most states allow you to install equal to or later than engine(s) made for that year as long as the origional emission components are present. Still go check out your state laws at the testing station - they should have a copy.

Get notified of new replies

To Emmisions info

Quick Reply: Emmisions info