C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper Limit Switch wiring question?????

Old 02-05-2003, 12:15 AM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Wiper Limit Switch wiring question?????

I'm installing a new wiring harness and I can't figure out the OE connections for the windshield wiper limit switch. My wiring diagram shows two 12 ga red/white wires comng out of a two wire connector and going into a block but I cannot find them coming out of a block anywhere on the diagram.
Additionally, I have a single 14g red wire exiting the wiring harness near the wiper motor that doesn't seem to connect to anything.
Any ideas appreciated.....
Old 02-05-2003, 01:44 AM
paintdaddy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wiper Limit Switch wiring question????? (flynhi)

I cant help you on the limit switch but the extra red wire was an extra on my 68 also.My car is at a freinds house and its getting wired up and mech work done but he said everything hooked up except the red wire near the wiper motor.Good luck. :seeya
Old 02-17-2003, 03:03 PM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Wiper Limit Switch wiring question????? (paintdaddy)

PaintDaddy,
I have looked at a couple of 71s at a car show and determined that the "extra" red wire is supposed to connect to a red wire coming out of the lower driver side of the wiper motor. My replacement motor does not have this lead. Does yours?
Old 02-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not sure about 68's but on 69's there are two red and white stripped wires comming from the limit switch that is teminated in a cylindrical molded plug. The trminals are "L" shaped looking at the end. It mates to another similar plug comming out of the firewall.

[Modified by silvervetteman, 3:53 PM 2/17/2003]
Old 02-17-2003, 11:28 PM
paintdaddy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PaintDaddy,
I have looked at a couple of 71s at a car show and determined that the "extra" red wire is supposed to connect to a red wire coming out of the lower driver side of the wiper motor. My replacement motor does not have this lead. Does yours?
I dont think so ,the car is in storage right now but that sounds like the same problem I was having.

Get notified of new replies

To Wiper Limit Switch wiring question?????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiper Limit Switch wiring question?????