C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm stumped....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 05:27 PM
greatgonzoglenn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm stumped....

Does anybody know how to get the plastic ball off the end of the seat adjuster? I got the tracks all unbolted, but can't get the ball off to get it through the seat bottom. Thanks in advance. :confused: :flag
Old 02-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I'm stumped.... (greatgonzoglenn)

The adjuster ball is threaded onto the handle. Lefty loosey... righty tighty :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-04-2003, 05:39 PM
greatgonzoglenn
Racer

Silvervetteman, you sure? My handles are flat. I have an '80. I've tried twitsting them until I got blisters on my hands. Don't want to wreck them with grips or tools.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Gotta Fix my '76
Instructor

I don't know what the flat ones look like, or if those are stock, but on the round ones on my '76, I just needed to give them a little lefty turn, and they unthreaded...And I would think thats not something they would change, but maybe they did...Do you think they would have been superglued, or silconed on?? I dunno, but a possibility...Hmm....to remove use chainsaw!!! :banghead: :thumbs:
Old 02-04-2003, 10:22 PM
80Xflags
Pro

I've got an 80 and I've had mine rubber adjuster ***** off before. They're just stuck on a flat mushroom shaped post on the end of the adjuster lever. I rocked them side-to-side for a few seconds and they popped right off . . . no damage, no problems, and they fit back on just fine. I supposed if you tried to a get some lube in there that is rubber/plastic friendly it might help.

:)
Old 02-05-2003, 08:01 AM
Jim Shea
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Just a suggestion. There are so many postings every day, it is very helpful if you can give just a hint as to the subject of your posting in the title. "I'm Stumped" could have been overlooked by other knowledgeable enthusiasts just by the shear numbers of new daily posts. Something like; "I'm Stumped - Seat Adjuster **** Removal" would be more descriptive.

Get notified of new replies

To I'm stumped....

Quick Reply: I'm stumped....