C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW seats

Old 02-04-2003, 03:41 PM
inqbus383
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW seats

I've had a recaro drivers seat that I like very much but until recently I couldn't figure out where it came from. As it turns out, my seat is from a 80s BMW 320i made by Recaro. I found recovered ones here at
http://www.2002parts.com/html/recaro_front_seats.html
I'm actually leaning towards a pair of them in black leather because I find them more supportive and attractive than any other seats I can find that fit(I've looked at and sat in several options recently). Cool things about these seats:

1. They fit in the stock location, with what I believe is the stock slider track.
2. They are very low to the ground even with the tracks, in fact, you are less than an inch from the floorboard.
3. They have a side release that allows them to tilt forward, and they have a wheel that adjusts the recline. You can also pull forward or backward a leg support int he front. You can also get inflatable lumbar support.
4. They are very comfortable and suportive. I autocross all the time and anything more than a good shoulder/lap belt is unnecessary.

The major drawback is the price, around 1400 for all leather, half that for vinyl. Considering the other options, this is a very attractive deal for what these seats offer. I'll post pictures if/when I do decide to purchase these. Just letting you guys know of some other seat options. :)

More pictures:

Old 02-04-2003, 11:41 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: BMW seats (inqbus383)

They definitely have the 80s look to them and they're really not too far from 80-82 seats. I would consider using them if I got a deal on them, but yeah to me $1400 seems a little steep too. I think you can get 2 used good condition C5 seats for $800-$1000.

You would have an original set-up though and you say they sit very low which address a problem that C4 and C5 seats kind of have.

Brent...
Old 02-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: BMW seats (inqbus383)

Sweet. I'll put that on my list of very far future things to do. So there are no track modifications? No seat modification?
Old 02-05-2003, 02:35 AM
inqbus383
Instructor

Default Re: BMW seats (Schmucker)

I have one (drivers) seat which looks exactly like the ones pictured except in nasty checkered fabric and torn vinyl. I didn't put it in but I assume it is not modified, the tracks don't look fabricated or anything. I like the bmw seats alot, but I'm still looking for anything that may be better, possibly 911 seats or something.

Get notified of new replies

To BMW seats

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BMW seats