C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Block Accessory Brackets and Hardware Questions. PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 12:03 AM
ORVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Big Block Accessory Brackets and Hardware Questions. PLEASE!

I got this bracket and hardware kit from Paragon for $160. Good deal I think, but I'm not sure how it all bolts up. Also, the two larger bolts pictured (7/16"?), are the only two that match the holes in the block and head for size. The other bolts (all 3/8"?), are too small. These are going on a Gen V block (454HO), and I was wondering if the bolt holes are bigger than those on Gen IV blocks? Also, The bolt/stud for the exhaust hole is only threaded about two or three threads on the portion that bolts into the head. It looks like a defect, as it is "kind of" threaded all the way, but it will only go in two or three threads. The rest of the way they are not cut deep enough to go in. I think I can fix that with a die, but the mismatched hardware makes me wonder if I need different bolts. If anyone can shed any light on this, I would be very grateful. Thanks!
PS- the larger bolts are the two short silver ones with the washers under them.

[Modified by ORVette, 9:05 PM 2/3/2003]

[Modified by ORVette, 9:26 PM 2/7/2003]
Old 02-04-2003, 01:27 AM
jyounane
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: Big Block Accessory Brackets and Hardware Questions. PLEASE! (ORVette)

Hi,

Your collection looks right for a Mark IV. This diagram in the Zip Catalog might help http://store.yahoo.com/zipproducts/e...-brackets.html

I think the exhaust stud sounds like a defect, I'm sure mine's threaded all the way.

The two large bolts hold the power steering bracket to the block. Everything else on my 427 is smaller hardware.

Let me know if I can be more help.

Joe

Old 02-04-2003, 09:00 AM
Ki m Le
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Big Block Accessory Brackets and Hardware Questions. PLEASE! (jyounane)

This one from Corvette Central. Look for PN# 562325

http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.as...rvette_Central
Old 02-04-2003, 09:59 AM
ORVette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Big Block Accessory Brackets and Hardware Questions. PLEASE! (ORVette)

Thanks Guys! I guess these newer castings just use bigger hardware. Time to go to the Hardware store. Now I'll have to drill out some of the holes in the brackets too, so the larger bolts will pass through.

Will the BS with this project ever end??!!!! :rant:
Old 02-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since you bought them from Paragon, I'd start with them before you spend even more $s at the hardware store. I'm sure their customer service guys will be glad to help you sort it out and send you any parts that are wrong. Keep in mind, you are a paying customer and they want you to come to them next time you need something. Good luck! :smash:
Old 02-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: Big Block Accessory Brackets and Hardware Questions. PLEASE! (Marks69BB)

Since you bought them from Paragon, I'd start with them before you spend even more $s at the hardware store. I'm sure their customer service guys will be glad to help you sort it out and send you any parts that are wrong. Keep in mind, you are a paying customer and they want you to come to them next time you need something. Good luck!
:iagree:
Agree, check with Paragon before shelling out any more $$$$$'s

tom...
Old 02-08-2003, 10:33 PM
ORVette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Big Block Accessory Brackets and Hardware Questions. PLEASE! (Tom73)

I'm kind of bummed about Paragon. I've sent them a couple emails in the last 2-3 weeks, and never gotten a reply. Guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way and call them. Thanks for the drawing links, but they didn't really show enough detail to help me. Can anyone scan me a diagram from an AIM or some actual BB bracket photo's? Thanks again!
Old 02-08-2003, 10:57 PM
gary6696
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Contributor '03 & '04

I sent you the one on the PS pump mount. Also have a couple on the alternator mount. Check your email and get back to me.

Get notified of new replies

To Big Block Accessory Brackets and Hardware Questions. PLEASE!

Quick Reply: Big Block Accessory Brackets and Hardware Questions. PLEASE!