C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging 71Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 06:11 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Paging 71Ultra

I see in the group radiator puchase thread that you also added a CSI electric water pump.

I've been toying with that same idea for my 72. Are you planning on everyday driving? I had tried to get some longevity info from CSI but they were non-cimmittal.

I want to feel reasonably secure as I truck along on my cross country drives. :auto: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 02-03-2003, 11:16 PM
1971Ultra
Racer

Default Re: Paging 71Ultra (biltogo)

Hello,

No, I do not plan on driving the beautiful car everyday. I would love to drive it everyday, but I would need to own a gas station.

ANywho, I believe if you go to CSI's website, they rate the pump motor at around 5500 hours of continuous use. From the brief research that I did, this rating is much higher than some the others out on the market.
http://www.csiperformance.com/waterpumps.html

So based off of the rating, even if I drove my car everyday for 4 hours, I would get a good 4 years out of it. Some might say it is not worth the expense ($300) but it pumps 30 to 37 GMP. This coupled with the DeWitt aluminum radiator with dual fans keep this machine nice and cool while also increasing h.p. Besides it being very effective, it looks cool. I will try and take some pictures and post.

Also, I just got my car back from the shop this past Friday and I am breaking it in i.e. new everything - engine, carb, clutch, radiator, water pump, exhaust, etc, etc.. So I am still monitoring the situation, but so far so great!

Let me know if I can answer anything else.

Kipp
Old 02-04-2003, 12:35 AM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Paging 71Ultra (1971Ultra)

:cool: :cheers:

5000 hours may be 200,000 miles. I think that's worth a try. :steering:

Get notified of new replies

To Paging 71Ultra

Quick Reply: Paging 71Ultra