C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

college classes

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 06:02 PM
HcDave1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default college classes

my mom is pushing my to take 12 units in college so im going to take it easy on my fisrt time out and im going to take things i want to take i got into these classes....

into to auto body
&
automotive principle total of 8 units so far i figured both of then will help with my know-how in restoring my corvette

8 units anyone of you guys take a auto shop back in school my dad was telling me he took a class where u could work on your own car i hope we get some of that and probilly more on that in the advanced class ill take next semester

thanks hcdave
Old 02-03-2003, 06:13 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: college classes (HcDave1)

Those can be fun classes but they will not help you at all in your collage career. :nonod: :nonod: Need to focus on the core requirements of what you are going to major in. Also looks as if English and grammar would be a good starting point. :)

tom...
Old 02-03-2003, 06:16 PM
rexx78
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a welding course as well. You may want to do some frame mods or repairs, and who knows, you may enjoy that enough to make it a career.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Default Re: college classes (rexx78)

Take a welding course as well. You may want to do some frame mods or repairs, and who knows, you may enjoy that enough to make it a career.
:iagree:
Old 02-03-2003, 06:20 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: college classes (Tom73)

Oooohh Tom - ruthless.

Community college? University? Ivy League?

Dave - what (if you know) will be your major ?
I'm guessing mechanical engineering.

Tom's right - even though it leaves a bad taste. Get a foundation in the core
studies that support your college 'career'. Engineering == MATH. Take ONE
fun course, and leave some for another semester.

Most of all - get the degree. :yesnod:
First you get the degree. Then you get the money. Then you get the power. Then you get the woman.

.... Then the woman takes all your money and power. So - all you're left with is the degree. :rolleyes:

:seeya

[Modified by NHvette, 6:30 PM 2/3/2003]
Old 02-03-2003, 07:32 PM
HcDave1
Racer

Default Re: college classes (NHvette)

im taking math and history and reading as well came out to be 15 units and they are all required so i got my crap strait. ive never been able to spell so lay off :D

yea my friend took a welding class and he enjoyed it. i think i might take that and an advanced engine repair for the car classes next semester this time around im all booked, but it came out ok for registering late.

i have no major if its going to be anything its going to be a carrer in music. it doesnt seem like it with the classes im taking but already have a lot of certs in music editing,recording, business and being pro singer and drummer i might go that way as off a carrer. working in a recording studio as a sound engener and while that is going work on getting my own metal band going :)

o yea to answer your last question its a cummunity college, I cant get into a 4 year being a high school drop out, so im going to do the 2 years of classes at RCC and ill look into a 4 year to finnish my degrees in music

[Modified by HcDave1, 12:35 AM 2/4/2003]
Old 02-03-2003, 08:00 PM
scottw
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HcDave1,
I agree with NHvette. Take a fun class and the rest toward your degree. Don't worry about the spelling; that is what spell check is for. Not all of us are spellers especally if you are from the south like myself. Just keep plugg'n away at it and it will be done before you know it. Take the time and enjoy yourself in college. After your done, the real work begins.
Have fun and good luck.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:33 PM
HotRod123
Advanced

Default Re: college classes (scottw)

Take it from someone who has a real degree, spelling counts. If you don't like college then don't force yourself to take classes that are of no use to you achieving your final goal. If you want to be a mechanic then do it, but be the best at it. There is no shame in not having a college degree, that is the problem with most of the baby boomer generation, they all have these worthless college degrees and try to impose that on the up and coming generations. Figure out what you want to do every day for the rest of your life (just about) and then see if college is imperative to help you get there. If it is, then choose classes accordingly. If it isn't then why waste your time and money (your time being more valuable than any amount of money someone could pay you).
Just my two cents, which is comparatively a lot.

Get notified of new replies

To college classes

Quick Reply: college classes