C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

<ZIP RULES>

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 05:26 PM
zZArAZz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default <ZIP RULES>

I started replacing one brake caliper and ended up replacing every single brake part on the entire car except the power booster and pedal/linkage...
I got my calipers at Auto Zone (in Ohio) I could not refuse for 60 a piece with stainless... However when it came time to replace all the brake lines, I called Zip and had them 2 days later at my door. Great price Great service and Prompt delivery. When its that good, you have to speak up.
THANKS ZIP!!
Old 02-02-2003, 06:12 PM
jerryjfunk
Melting Slicks

Default Re: <ZIP RULES> (zZArAZz)

I've placed about 5 orders with Zip, and was happy every time. Great producs, great prices, and the one time I had to speak with customer service, they were very nice and helpful.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Jerry
Old 02-02-2003, 06:20 PM
wayne_69_427
Pro

I have been useing them for a couple of years and they are great. Small or large orders don't matter and they follow up if the part is back ordered. :thumbs:
Old 02-02-2003, 07:23 PM
gary6696
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Contributor '03 & '04

Just to keep this discussion balanced...
My first and last order from Zips was a couple months ago. They assured they had all my items in stock. Wrong. I got half of them quickly but had to wait three weeks for the rest til the backorder came in. Meanwhile my car sat and I fumed.
I was going to try them again because of their 10% discount offer. The item I checked was $29 at Ecklers, $40 at Zips. Even my math tells me that 10% ain't so hot.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:22 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: <ZIP RULES> (gary6696)

Just to keep this discussion balanced...
My first and last order from Zips was a couple months ago. They assured they had all my items in stock. Wrong. I got half of them quickly but had to wait three weeks for the rest til the backorder came in. Meanwhile my car sat and I fumed.
I was going to try them again because of their 10% discount offer. The item I checked was $29 at Ecklers, $40 at Zips. Even my math tells me that 10% ain't so hot.
I manage a golf shop at a public course. I deal with backordered stuff all the time. They tell you it will be at your door in 2 days when you order. You tell your customers the stuff will be in stock in 2 days. You don't see the stuff you ordered for a week, you call the vendor. Vendor says they're sorry, but the items are backordered. It sucks, but that is the way it works.

It has happened to me several times where I have told customers their order will be here in a few days (because the company I order from said it would be), and have their stuff come in months later.

We waited on a set of Tiger Grinds for 6 months. They were limited edition special order custom fit... backordered 6 months.

By the way, before anyone starts in, lets not make this a "bag on Zip" thread... they are supporting vendors and we can't afford to lose them as such.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:24 PM
rainman69
Drifting

Zip is great! I'll gladly pay the sometimes higher prices for their superior customer service. :cool:
Old 02-02-2003, 09:28 PM
gary6696
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Contributor '03 & '04
Default Re: <ZIP RULES> (Simon Alexander)

"t has happened to me several times where I have told customers their order will be here in a few days (because the company I order from said it would be), and have their stuff come in months later."
I understand that. But there is a big difference between "in stock" and "on order".
Do you tell your customers something is in stock when it isn't?
Old 02-02-2003, 11:20 PM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Default Re: <ZIP RULES>

i LOVE Zip...i have a stack of reciepts from them a mile high! :lol:
on just a couple of occations there was a problem and they bent over backwards to help me...
when i need corvette parts i go directly to Zip without hesitation...
Old 02-03-2003, 08:13 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

ZIP= :thumbs:
Old 02-03-2003, 02:27 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Default Re: <ZIP RULES> (groovyjay)

I ordered the braided stainless hoses 3+ weeks ago and havent seen them yet. They were up front and told me these were back ordered and said it would be a few weeks. To me thats part of good customer service.

I dont realy need them for at least another 4-6 weeks. But I hope if it takes longer than they expect they will send me a freindly reminder.

Also I tried to use the CF-5 discount, but Im told it doesn't apply to on sale items. It doesn't mean much to 50 bucks, but if its 300-500 bucks, it can mean alot.

Brent...
Old 02-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: <ZIP RULES> (gary6696)

"t has happened to me several times where I have told customers their order will be here in a few days (because the company I order from said it would be), and have their stuff come in months later."
I understand that. But there is a big difference between "in stock" and "on order".
Do you tell your customers something is in stock when it isn't?
:yesnod: Tell me what you got on hand then tell me what you have to order and long you think it will take. Image the house of cards built on 'Well my vendor says I'll get it tomorrow so I'll tell my customer I'll ship it tomorrow. :crazy: Good customer service is essential, everyone messes up but it's how you handle it that sets companies apart. :yesnod:
Old 02-03-2003, 02:50 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: <ZIP RULES> (Fevre)

Just got my latest order.... and didn't even expect it here so soon.
Ordered on the 30th - shipped on the 30th - here Monday morning.
New:
both #4 body reinforcement brackets (ouch)
2 bags of body rivets
complete car speed nut set
poly body mount kit

... all with the ZIP-10 10% discount applied - even to sale items !!!!

Hmmm - time to get :smash: :smash: :smash:
:seeya
Old 02-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Default Re: <ZIP RULES> (groovyjay)

ZIP= :thumbs:
:iagree:
Old 02-03-2003, 03:25 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: <ZIP RULES> (Metal_Wulf)

Forgot to mention that I have very good luck with ZIP and order from them if they have it. :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To <ZIP RULES>

Quick Reply: <ZIP RULES>