C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch replacement questions-I am going with a Centerforce DF

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 04:14 PM
hudman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch replacement questions-I am going with a Centerforce DF

When my motor is out of the car for the rebuild, I am going to go ahead and replace the clutch with a Centerforce DF.

I know I need to replace the clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing, but should I go ahead and replace the fork and pivot ball or is that a "wait and see the condition" kinda thing?

I know I need to wait and see if I have the 10 spline or 26 spline (I am assuming the 10, but I want to make sure), but should I get the 10.5 inch or 11 inch? Is it like most anything else, bigger is better?

Finally, who has the best price on these things?

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2003, 08:41 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Clutch replacement questions-I am going with a Centerforce DF (hudman)

No need to replace the fork if it's still in ok condition, Are you using stock bellhousing or Lakewood etc.? Adjustable pivot ball is a must with lakewood bellhousing. As for the clutch go for the 11". :cheers:
Old 02-03-2003, 10:12 AM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: Clutch replacement questions-I am going with a Centerforce DF (hudman)

The DF is a great clutch. I had one on an '80 350 that I put in a Jeep Scrambler. Drove the thing for about 10 years and the clutch still felt like the day I got it when I sold the Jeep. Ran 33" tires and a 3.56 rear, and never had a slippage - even when I got "aggressive"....

Go for the 11" and as said previously, replace the fork if it has excessive wear.

Good luck.
Old 02-03-2003, 12:36 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

should I go ahead and replace the fork and pivot ball or is that a "wait and see the condition" kinda thing?
I am not an expert on this stuff; I just know that many people have a problem with not enough adjustment on the clutch rod after installing a centerforce clutch. Solution is a longer (usually the adjustable) pivot ball. If you "wait and see" you might have to take the trans halfway out again to replace the pivot ball, so it might be worth researching and doing the measurments, and using the adjustable pivot ball before you install the clutch. MJ

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch replacement questions-I am going with a Centerforce DF

Quick Reply: Clutch replacement questions-I am going with a Centerforce DF