C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Value of my '73??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 06:31 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value of my '73??

When I bought my '73 coupe I got it insured for $10K agreed value with American Hobbyist. Since then I have redone the interior (carpet, door panels & C4 seats), dropped a ZZ4 in, rebuilt the TH400 tranny, put in an Alpine CD player, etc. Roughly I've put somewhere around $5K into it. Does this mean I should approach my insurance company to see if we can get it insured to $15K or does it just mean I've spent some money and it won't matter to the insurance company?

How do you guys handle insurance when you dump a bunch of $$ into mods and upgrades?
:confused:
THANKS!
Old 01-31-2003, 08:18 AM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Value of my '73?? (Mystery Machine)

You can never get the money out of mods that you put into it, it's an unfortunate fact, plus the fact that going away from stock very seldom increases value and tends to decrease it. So you have to look at it for what you could sell it for in it's current state, not for how much money you put into it. Most of us here have put way more money into out cars then we could ever hope to get out of them when or if we sell.

:cheers:
Pat Kunz
Old 01-31-2003, 09:12 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Value of my '73?? (Mystery Machine)

Whn I had my car painted I had the value of my 74 vert raised from 15k to 20 k ageed value with State Farm
Old 01-31-2003, 09:18 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

Default Re: Value of my '73?? (73 LS-4)

I figured it was probably a wash. However, certainly you guys that have big $$ into a car that NADA says is only worth $10K or so have it insured for more...right? :confused:

Alwyn: did you have to get an appraisal or did your insurance company just take your word fot it?

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Value of my '73??

Quick Reply: Value of my '73??