C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door parts & problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 08:05 PM
bainwright
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door parts & problems

i have a 1969 vette passanger door giving problems latching .when you shut the door the latch parrt in the door jamb does not catch .don't even know what the part is called or where to find it .not sure if avaliable anymore even if can find a used one .anyone know the name of the part or who carrys them--ka
Old 01-29-2003, 08:27 PM
CF6873
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: door parts & problems (bainwright)

Welcome to the forum. The part in the door that does the latching is called the latch. If you open your door and put your finger or a screwdriver in the opening, does it just move freely? If it does it sounds like the latch is broken. I'm sure you could find a used one and I think some of the vendors sell new ones. Good Luck, Craig
Old 01-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: door parts & problems (CF6873)

Welcome to the forum. The part in the door that does the latching is called the latch. If you open your door and put your finger or a screwdriver in the opening, does it just move freely? If it does it sounds like the latch is broken. I'm sure you could find a used one and I think some of the vendors sell new ones. Good Luck, Craig
:withstupid: :withstupid:
Old 01-30-2003, 08:37 AM
Gary79
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: door parts & problems (Simon Alexander)

some door problems can be attributed to the hinge pins and bushings are worn out, causing the door to sag and not line up correctly. i have this problem with my drivers door and somewhat with my passenger door. i've got 99k on my vette.

Get notified of new replies

To door parts & problems

Quick Reply: door parts & problems