C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is it just me or...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 12:49 PM
SizzleChest
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default is it just me or...

...are there an aweful lot of pace cars for sale on ebay right now? considering how easy it is to turn a 79 into a 78 pace, i'd be very skeptical.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:53 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

I dont know.... an awful lot of pacecars were put away as "investments", that have worked about as well as investing in NASDAQ 2 1/2 years ago!! :lol: It has been 25 years, so these cars are finally "classics" so it is the right time to sell. Also, there were a lot of pace cars made. Look at how many 96 Grand Sports are for sale (check ebay, Rodgers, Grandsportregistry, Hemmings... maybe some double counting, but...) out of a total of only 1000 made. :eek: MJ
Old 01-29-2003, 01:55 PM
rexx78
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: is it just me or... (SizzleChest)

The first few letters of the VIN number will be different for a pace car, from what I have heard. Of course if the last few digits are higher than 6502, it is a phony.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:14 PM
SizzleChest
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: is it just me or... (rexx78)

The first few letters of the VIN number will be different for a pace car, from what I have heard. Of course if the last few digits are higher than 6502, it is a phony.
for the pace cars, the eigth digit will be a 9 rather than a 4, but i'm sure there are some people that don't even know or bother to check that. plus it is possible to change the VIN.

Get notified of new replies

To is it just me or...

Quick Reply: is it just me or...