C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff(superbowl commercial)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 11:40 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff(superbowl commercial)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=481934 :reddevil :cuss :cuss :cuss
Old 01-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Ken73
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff(superbowl commercial) (Alwyn678)

Does anyone have a LINK to the commercial? I didn't get to see it.. (probably a good thing.)
Old 01-29-2003, 01:29 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Default Re: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff(superbowl commercial) (Ken73)

And the car was a 73 or 74 :cuss
Old 01-29-2003, 01:33 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 741 Likes on 518 Posts

Default Re: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff(superbowl commercial) (Alwyn678)

Real men and Corvette owners don't drink Smirnoff.......only ricers :lol:
That stuff is CRAP
John
Old 01-29-2003, 02:17 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, at least the C5ers are sticking up for us.

Except one.

And he's a member of our local club. But what can I say, he LOVES Smirnoff Ice. :U
Old 01-29-2003, 02:26 PM
sammyb
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff(superbowl commercial) (page62)

Well, no matter what car you drive, there will be a negative stereotype attached to it. Let's face it, C3s are perceived as gaudy cheap sports cars for guys with small thingies and no sophistication, and that's fine by me. I own my cars and drive them in spite of any reputation they might have. If someone wants to judge me because I'm driving a C3, C5, Porsche, or my wife's Olds Intrigue, let 'em go ahead and do it. I like my cars, and a lot of other ones that the masses think are ugly, gaudy, in poor taste, over the top, boring, pieces of crap and many other things.

You can't please all the people all of the time!
Old 01-29-2003, 03:25 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Default Re: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff(superbowl commercial) (sammyb)

You said it very well, Sam.

Enjoy your cars guys, and don't worry about what other people think.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:25 PM
Ryan77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff(superbowl commercial) (sammyb)

I don't reall think the dissed us, the guy was supposed to be a "bad azz" type and therefore drove a bad azz car :yesnod: :cool: :chevy
Old 01-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff(superbowl commercial) (Ken73)

Does anyone have a LINK to the commercial? I didn't get to see it.. (probably a good thing.)
http://superbowl.ifilm.com/superbowl/

Funny.. they have EVERY commercial EXCEPT the smirnoff one :confused:
Old 01-29-2003, 04:43 PM
Chuck Harmon
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I heard they got Dep to star in it :jester

Chuck
Old 01-29-2003, 05:28 PM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

Well, no matter what car you drive, there will be a negative stereotype attached to it. Let's face it, C3s are perceived as gaudy cheap sports cars for guys with small thingies and no sophistication, and that's fine by me.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
By whom? Little wussie yuppie guys with 'sensitivity' training? And who all wear sweaters tied around their necks, 'Maui Jim' sunglasses in their hair (or on their foreheads!), go to tanning salons, have a personal trainer, hairdresser and a plastic surgeon??
I love toasting all those phony buttholes in their leased 100k+ krautmobiles while driving the interstate. There's nothing like a 500++ h.p. Big Block Corvette with 4" diameter side exhausts for burning the paint off their snotty doors while you blast by them. They never know what hits them! It makes my day.
:lol: :smash: :chevy :chevy :smash: :lol:

[Modified by MassVette, 7:31 PM 1/29/2003]
Old 01-29-2003, 05:35 PM
Double_0_7
Pro

Default Re: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff(superbowl commercial) (Chuck Harmon)

I thought the guy looked like a loser, too, but it had nothing to do with the car. As for the stuff, I hate all those crappy malt beverages. If I want light drinking stuff, I'll stick with beer and for anything harder I like absolut anyway.

Besides, I think it's funny that they advertise those as premium malt beverages when there is no such thing. That's why Colt 45 and all those cheap malt liquors were even made. When making beer, the heavy crap sinks, the lighter crap floats, and the purest beer is in the middle. The byproduct that floated was packaged to make more money instead of throwing it out, and sold as Malt beverage. These are probably done the same way, as byproducts for whatever the company's main product is. How exactly do you get "Premium Byproduct"? :U

[Modified by Double_0_7, 10:37 PM 1/29/2003]
Old 01-29-2003, 06:44 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I thought the commercial was pretty funny dispite the stereo type. Heck, I don't fit the stereo type so I don't care. Although I liked the front licence plate....

What I saw of the car was very nice.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:21 PM
Solidlifters
Pro

Default Re: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff

"Let's face it, C3s are perceived as gaudy cheap sports cars for guys with small thingies and no sophistication, and that's fine by me."

Hey.............I've got small thingies and no sophistication. I do REALLY RESENT that gaudy cheap sports car stereotype though.

Seriously though, getting all offended by somebody's idea of commedy and wanting to boycott their products reaks of Jessie Jackson mentality. I'm certain that Smirnoff didn't spend several mil on Superbowl advertising to offend ANYBODY. I think the whole world is gettin' overly sensitive to the stereotyping thing. Sometimes it's just a joke and should'nt be taken seriously.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:22 AM
UKPaul
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff (Solidlifters)

Seriously though, getting all offended by somebody's idea of commedy and wanting to boycott their products reaks of Jessie Jackson mentality. I'm certain that Smirnoff didn't spend several mil on Superbowl advertising to offend ANYBODY. I think the whole world is gettin' overly sensitive to the stereotyping thing. Sometimes it's just a joke and should'nt be taken seriously.
Two points to raise here. The 1st is that if anybody actually believes, or is influenced, by a TV commercial then that person is far sadder than the person the Ad was taking a pop at.
The 2nd point is that the marketting companies have to tread very carefully these days if they want to make a humourous Ad. It's so easy to get accused of rascism, sexism, ageism, fatism, etc that they've got to search far & wide for the "victim". But what these guys have done is BANG OUT OF ORDER!! - they've engaged in Vette-ism! :mad Boycott Smirnoff NOW! Picket their offices & sales outlets!
I don't like the stuff anyway, you're far better off with...
:cheers:
Old 01-30-2003, 08:16 AM
aussiejohn
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff (UKPaul)

UKPaul,
:iagree: :cheers:

Regards from Down Under

aussiejohn
Old 01-30-2003, 08:44 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

The 2nd point is that the marketting companies have to tread very carefully these days if they want to make a humourous Ad. It's so easy to get accused of rascism, sexism, ageism, fatism, etc that they've got to search far & wide for the "victim". But what these guys have done is BANG OUT OF ORDER!! - they've engaged in Vette-ism! :mad Boycott Smirnoff NOW! Picket their offices & sales outlets!
I don't like the stuff anyway, you're far better off with...
:cheers:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff(superbowl commercial)

Old 01-30-2003, 09:06 AM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they even sell Smirnoff Ice across the pond and down under? What with all those macho ads we see for Fosters lager, I'd imagine that Smirnoff Ice would be regarded as an unmarketable chick drink...

BTW: If you don't know what Smirnoff Ice is, it's well...um... :U
I bought a 6-pack in the summer and there are two bottles STILL left over. You're welcome to try it!
Old 01-30-2003, 09:20 AM
john's '81 mouse
Burning Brakes

Quote:

I agree! I saw the ad run again just the other night, and I think it's kind of funny..........Anybody who looks and acts like the guy in the ad who drives a car with a customized license plate that reads "THE BRAD", should be made fun of, regardless of what kind of car he drives, vettes included.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:45 AM
UKPaul
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff (page62)

Do they even sell Smirnoff Ice across the pond and down under? What with all those macho ads we see for Fosters lager, I'd imagine that Smirnoff Ice would be regarded as an unmarketable chick drink...
We get "Ice" all over the place. It's been made trendy by massive marketting campaigns & is very popular with under-age drinkers (especially girls).
Fosters lager used to be pushed very hard & I think it's one of the best selling lagers now. Australians I know tell me that they don't drink it themselves, they just export it (must be their equivalent of Double Diamond!!!).
I prefer a "Mans" drink....

Quick Reply: Hey C-3 Guys we got DISSED HARD by Smirnoff(superbowl commercial)