C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine pull brackets and distributor position

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 11:28 PM
70vetteinpieces
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Default engine pull brackets and distributor position

I have both engine pull bracket, but can not tell where they mount to the engine. The assembly manual pictures are just not clear enough. Which manifold bolts do they bolt through?

I installed the distributor with the cap window towards the front and the tach drive directly pointing to the firewall. Tight bend in the cable. Now I see a picture with the window near #8 cylinder and the tach drive located near the driver side firewall. which position is correct?
Old 01-29-2003, 12:16 AM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

Default Re: engine pull brackets and distributor position (70vetteinpieces)

(tach) the second one sounds more correct. Others will chime in to tell you better though.

Are you talking about where to mount the chains when pulling out your motor? If so, look at where I mounted mine. I used the threaded holes on the heads:

Old 01-29-2003, 10:01 AM
Stewart's74
Safety Car

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: engine pull brackets and distributor position (70vetteinpieces)

As for the Dist, I followed Lars' paper from http://www.corvettefaq.com but I found that my tach cable wasnt long enough. I wasnt crazy about it having to make a 90deg bend either. All I had to do was drop the dist in with the Vac advance pointing directly at the Passenger side of the motor, now the tach cable fit without any radical bends.
For the engine lifting rings, look at my sig.

Get notified of new replies

To engine pull brackets and distributor position

Quick Reply: engine pull brackets and distributor position