C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 rear suspension

Old 01-28-2003, 03:14 PM
kossuth
Burning Brakes

Received 248 Likes on 187 Posts

Default C3 rear suspension

I own a S10 pickup which I am considering swapping a IRS into it as a project. I was looking at a C3 from the aspect that most if not all of the rear spring hardware is self contained in the rear suspension on the rear diff cover on these cars with transferse leaf springs which makes the mounting somewhat simple, but I can't remember how the shocks are mounted. Not to mention the track looks to be fairly close to that of a S10 pickup. I was wondering how wide from hub to hub wide the rear suspension assembly is on these things? Anybody have any numbers or can give me some numbers to bounce around to see if this is a viable thing to try or what. Also is there anything about the C3 IRS that I should know about strength wise to worry about? If any of you guys have the body off the car doing a restoration can get me pictures that would be an awesome help. Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:36 PM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,326 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Default Re: C3 rear suspension (kossuth)

I've seen a few Vette I.R.S. systems on street rods and pickups. For high hp applications your futher ahead and it's cheaper to buy the complete Jaguar IRS

My buddy has Jag in his 53 ford pickup street rod. Most custom rods all go with Jag. Just pick up some rod and custom mag. They will get you pointed in the right direction.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C3 rear suspension