C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

guage lites

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 08:44 AM
AndyAA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guage lites

On my 78 both the guage lites and the buzzer that goes off when I leave the head lites on are not working. Are they both on the same circuit ? I checked the fuses and they all seem to be o.k.. Any ideas?
Old 01-28-2003, 10:33 AM
CHEESERAL
Racer

Default Re: guage lites (AndyAA)

I didn't know I had a headlight buzzer, I'll have to look into that. As far as the gauge lights go, you need to check the headlight switch to see that the reostat (sp) is ok. You know how you can dim or birghten the interior lights by turning the headlight ****. My switch was burn't through here and needed to be replaced. After that I removed both gauge bezels and cleaned the flimsy circut boards on the back of the bezels and replaced all the bulbs. That did the trick on mine, I now have very bright dash lights.

P.S. I also cleaned all of the bulb socket contacts with some sand paper / emory board.

Good luck
Old 01-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Default Re: guage lites (CHEESERAL)

Sounds like the headlight switch to me, I had the same thing happern. Changed out the switch and all is well again.

Get notified of new replies

To guage lites

Quick Reply: guage lites