C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all Australians.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 07:56 AM
aussiejohn
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Calling all Australians.

G'day, Cobbers,
Stone the crows mates, do you reckon I've got the good oil for you!? Me china, James Pierce is a member of Vic Vettes in Melbourne, ( not the Florida one! ) as well as a member of Corvettes Limited of Bowling Green and he's just won a guernsey as Australian Corvette Caravan Captain.
He's the driving force behind a grouse package deal departing God's own country for Seppo-land around June 19 for 15 plus fun filled days of Corvetting in the Nashville/Bowling Green area. All accomodation, transfers, hire cars and breakfast is included and the price is very reasonable. Fair dinkum, a bloke would have to be troppo to knock back a deal like this. James can be contacted on jp59@ozemail.com.au or you can look up the website at http://www.ChevCarClubVic.org.au and look for the Vic Vettes link.
The package even includes a tour of the Corvette plant !!! All this for about forty Mawsons plus drinking money and I suppose a bit of petrol for the rent-a-cars. James is dealing with this rather bonzer mob in Adelaide and the whole package looks the duck's guts. Who knows, if enough of us put down the folding, we might be able to get a slightly better deal!. The Trouble and Strife is giving me GBH of the earhole and told me she wants to fly solo, so I don't have to get permission ;) All I've got to do is start saving and with a bit of luck I'll be one of the crew.

Let's know how many of you blokes are interested, as the closing date for deposits is in April

Regards from Down Under

aussiejohn
Old 01-28-2003, 05:17 PM
Mack
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Calling all Australians. (aussiejohn)

Geez... I just peeked in here to see what the guys are doing down under and I still don't know. :confused: :D Do y'all really talk like that, or do you just do it in public to show off? :p: I thought maybe I could translate, since I go to the Outback (Steakhouse) occasionaly, but I didn't understand a word. :nonod: :banghead: :skep:
Old 01-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: Calling all Australians. (Mack76)

What is Seppo-land? If I had a GBH coming out the ear would I need asprin to fix or a surgeon?

:cheers: :cheers:

Welcome to the US. It will be getting close to summer by then and you guys can enjoy some southern sunshine. :D
Old 01-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Chris O'
Burning Brakes

Strewth! That's just the ducks guts mate. I'd fair dinkum love to go but don't have enough dosh. :sad: I reckon I'm a few rock lobsters short for that one!

Johnno, I've decided to rip down to Johnny Howards place at Easter. I'll be saving my Mawsons for that instead. Hope to see you there.

:cheers:

Chris O'
Old 01-28-2003, 06:49 PM
aussiejohn
Drifting

Default Re: Calling all Australians. (Eddie 70)

Eddie70,
Seppo-land? why, that's where Seppos live!

Regards from Down Under

aussiejohn :cheers:
Old 01-28-2003, 07:07 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

G'day, Cobbers friend,
Stone the crows mates, do you reckon I've got the good oil for you!? useful information, a good idea, the truth Me china, James Pierce is a member of Vic Vettes in Melbourne, ( not the Florida one! ) as well as a member of Corvettes Limited of Bowling Green and he's just won a guernsey as Australian Corvette Caravan Captain.
He's the driving force behind a grouse great, terrific, very good package deal departing God's own country for Seppo-land around June 19 for 15 plus fun filled days of Corvetting in the Nashville/Bowling Green area. All accomodation, transfers, hire cars and breakfast is included and the price is very reasonable. Fair dinkum, true, real, genuine a bloke would have to be troppo to knock back a deal like this. James can be contacted on jp59@ozemail.com.au or you can look up the website at http://www.ChevCarClubVic.org.au and look for the Vic Vettes link.
The package even includes a tour of the Corvette plant !!! All this for about forty Mawsons plus drinking money and I suppose a bit of petrol for the rent-a-cars. James is dealing with this rather bonzer mob in Adelaide and the whole package looks the duck's guts. Who knows, if enough of us put down the folding, we might be able to get a slightly better deal!. The Trouble and Strife is giving me GBH of the earhole and told me she wants to fly solo, so I don't have to get permission ;) All I've got to do is start saving and with a bit of luck I'll be one of the crew.

Let's know how many of you blokes are interested, as the closing date for deposits is in April

Regards from Down Under

aussiejohn
Figure out the rest here........ http://www.koalanet.com/australian-slang.html
:lolg:

[Modified by 67HEAVEN, 7:10 PM 1/28/2003]
Old 01-28-2003, 07:39 PM
aussiejohn
Drifting

Default Re: Calling all Australians. (67HEAVEN)

67HEAVEN,
Thanks cobber for your translatory skills. We Colonials have to stick together to help educate our Seppo friends. For all you Seppos who looked up the link to the Aussie translation, it didn't mention "china". That's rhyming slang for "china plate" = mate, a friend or pal, chum, buddy etc. "GBH of the earhole" means Grevious Bodily Harm delivered in a verbal form usually by a member of the opposite sex. After all, we all know the power of a woman's tongue!!! "Trouble and Strife", again rhyming slang for wife. "Won a guernsey" means having some sort of honour bestowed upon one.
Anything else, feel free to call me.

Regards from Down Under

aussiejohn :cheers:
Old 01-29-2003, 08:02 AM
Mack
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

:skep: Myhead hurts. :p:
Old 01-29-2003, 08:34 AM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

<Offtopic>

In Finland Seppo is a male first name... :leaving:

</Offtopic>
Old 01-29-2003, 09:03 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Calling all Australians. (FinnShark)

Finland is the Daddy of all Seppo's!!! :yesnod:
Old 01-29-2003, 10:10 AM
UKPaul
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wotcha Cobber,
Blimey! When me little Blister (Skin & Blister = sister) was dahn under, she never noticed anybody using Cockney Rhyming Slang. I've got an ol' China living near Brisbane & her local Chinas keep sending me emails asking me for translations! Is Cockney Rhyming Slang used throughout all Oz?
Got to go, it's too taties 'ere (taties = potatoes = potatoes in the mould = cold!) & me plates 'ave gorn numb (plates of meat = feet).
p.s. According to my ol' Man (Dad), who was a true Cockney, rhyming slang was invented to prevent the local coppers, & any other people earwigging in, from knowing what they were talking about. Turned out that the criminals & coppers all used rhyming slang & nobody else had the faintest idea of what they were on about :D
Old 01-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Chris O'
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Calling all Australians. (UKPaul)

We only use it to entertain the foreigners! :p:

Oh, and cobber is never used........ never! :)
Old 01-29-2003, 07:24 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Calling all Australians. (Chris O')

Okay my Aussie friends......a lady I know visited relatives in your fine country over Christmas and New Years and had a wonderful time!

She "loved" Australia.
:thumbs:

Maybe I'll get there some day too.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:40 PM
jdunne
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Calling all Australians. (UKPaul)

Paul,as to your ps,it is similar for the very sound reason that from 1776 to about 1850 england tended to send both its criminals and its coppers here in very large numbers,call it a long holiday after a very long sea voyage,technically it was Transportation as a sentence upon conviction for various crimes including offences such as being poor ,hungry,political agitators,a nuisance or irish.....john :D
Old 01-29-2003, 09:47 PM
jdunne
Burning Brakes

I could explain,but i won't.....sufficient for you to know that it refers to USA.....I wont tell becuase it doesnt sound too good....it is contracted rhyming slang.....some times people who dont understand our humour can be offended when no offense at all is intended.......john ;)
Old 01-29-2003, 09:57 PM
97Z
Instructor

Default Re: Calling all Australians. (jdunne)

:skep: i just took some excedrin
Old 01-29-2003, 10:06 PM
Maurice
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seppo = septic tank / American

Get notified of new replies

To Calling all Australians.

Old 01-29-2003, 10:46 PM
Brutus
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Calling all Australians. (Chris O')

We only use it to entertain the foreigners! :p:

Oh, and cobber is never used........ never! :)
Chris...Unfortunately there is an old codger I see occasionally who still persists in calling most blokes he sees as Cobbers. Fair Dinkum!

Struth, if I was to take up this bloody ripper offer to head over to the US once again, I'd be doin' it on me Pat Malone as usual, but most definitely not on Shanks Pony! :D I've managed a few trips there already without the Cheese and Kisses, but I reckon I might be pushing s**t up hill with a shiney shovel if I try it on again..

[Modified by Brutus, 2:16 PM 1/30/2003]
Old 01-30-2003, 01:30 AM
jdunne
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Calling all Australians. (Brutus)

Maurice,you left out the bit that makes it rhyme,septic tank rhymes with yank,qed,american. Bob,surely there cant be anything left to replace on that fine machine of yours!!!..john :chevy :cheers:
Old 01-30-2003, 06:08 AM
UKPaul
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Calling all Australians. (jdunne)

Hi John,
A lot of my ancesters relatives were shipped to Oz (maybe my direct ancesters were just good at running?!). People were shipped out from this bleak, wet Isle, run by sadists & sent to warm, sunny Oz for minor crimes like stealing a chicken. Those that commited serious crimes had to stay here as punishment ;)

Hi 67Heaven (Awl-white me ol' china?),
Think about going to Aussie very carefully! Without exception, every single one of my mates (Chinas) that's been there has ended up emigrating. Most of the close friends I grew up with are now in Tasmania, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane.... & they've all got a far better quality of life & are a lot happier for it (the only exception to that is my sister (little blister), but she decided last week to emigrate :( ). I'm resisting intense pressure to visit them all "down under", coz I'm scared that I'll end up wanting to emigrate myself!! Besides, I like being taxed to the hilt & oppressed here :lol:

Quick Reply: Calling all Australians.