C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Supporting Manufacturer!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 11:10 PM
Paul in Warren
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Supporting Manufacturer!

We are proud to announce that we have signed up with the forum as supporting vendors! :party:

We are Hydratech Braking Systems located in the Motor City. :flag

As seen in the November 2002 Vette Magazine - "State of the Art C3 Power Brakes". We have signed up proudly with the forum and aspire to establish an excellent relationship with our fellow forum members! We invite you to view our listing in the vendors page for more about us. ;)

We are proud to be here - thank you for having us! :hurray:
Old 01-27-2003, 11:24 PM
81vette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: New Supporting Manufacturer! (Hydratech Braking)

Glad your here Paul.

:cheers:

mark
Old 01-27-2003, 11:27 PM
vettinator
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to have you Paul :cheers:
Old 01-27-2003, 11:53 PM
82dukman
Le Mans Master

Looks great. Welcome :cheers:
Old 01-27-2003, 11:58 PM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have this system in the 8T1 Bionic Vette......and it's awesome. My cam is very radical....in the engine bay space is tight.....Brakes on the C-3 were very mushy.....After I had this system installed.....Lights pop right up instantly after the switch is pulled.....I can change plugs with out morphing into a contortionist.....and the brakes at the end of a quarter mile blast are there in full force......Never ever had to throw the anchor over board :seeya Cappy :hurray:
Old 01-28-2003, 09:14 AM
R. Bruno
Drifting

Welcome- that looks like a really neat system; something to keep in mind when replaceing the power booster for sure. :cheers:
Old 01-28-2003, 09:30 AM
71'AirStrike
Melting Slicks

glad to see you on board Paul!
I still love your product in my vette.
There is an amature "how-to" install in the tech fourm for those thinking about this great product.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Paul in Warren
Instructor

Default Re: New Supporting Manufacturer!

Hi guys! Thank you for your posts. :flag

Cappy, Chad - We are quite tickled to see that you have given us a thumbs up on the systems. :cool:

Old 01-29-2003, 08:42 AM
Paul in Warren
Instructor

Here is a link to '71AirStrike's archived tech article - Dialup Beware! - thanks for all the hard work on this Chad, we know it took some effort to produce this... ;)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=394657

[Modified by Hydratech Braking, 1:44 PM 1/29/2003]
Old 01-29-2003, 11:35 AM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Thanks for sharing and for supporting the forum! Your product looks wonderful and is on my list of "got-to-have". Bolt on upgrades for C3's have come a long way. For less than $5000 you can have state of the art suspension from VBP, rack-n-pinion steering from Steeroids, racing disc brakes and calipers from several companies and now hydraulic brakes!

I can't wait to rebuild my car!!!! So many toys to choose from . . .
Old 01-29-2003, 11:17 PM
Paul in Warren
Instructor

Default "Nitrous for your brakes"

It was sooooo coooool ! I had a customer call me today to tell me how absolutely BLOWN AWAY he was with our manual brake upgrade system! He said it was like nitrous for his brakes and just couldn't believe how ridiculously transformed the brakes were on his car. He is running a ZZ502 with tall valve covers in his '69 Stingray, stating that he could barely get the car to come to a good clean stop after a hard run, or at any point to speak of!? He actually broke the seatback framing trying to get his Vette to stop when a "minivan mom" pulled out in front of him. (yikes!)

That's when he tried to stuff a vac assist in and found that it just wasn't going to fit with the tall valve covers :confused: :cry He said he surfed the net pricing braking upgrade kits with exotic rotors and calipers - just about choking on the monster prices! While he was surfing the net, he stumbled upon our website and read the Vette Magazine popup article. He then hit our online store and bought a Level III manual brake upgrade system. He felt it was going to be a good place to start, figuring he would eventually work with upgrading the brakes at the wheels "down the road". He stated it only took about 2 hours to install and just raved about not having to wrestle under the dash with mounting bolts (unique to manual brake upgrade only!), and especially about not even having to bleed the brakes. (<---says he hates doing that more than anything!)

So after installing the system, he went out for road testing and got himself pulled over by "johnny law". The cop wanted to know why he was locking up his brakes at 50 mph then accelerating up and locking them up again. He explained to the officer that he was just in sheer disbelief of the power of the new brake assist system he had just installed and was just testing it out. The cop let him off with a warning and told him to take a good look in the rear view mirror before he tried to "pull another stunt like that again" as someone could easily be caught off gaurd and rear end him. (I'll have to try that excuse if I get pulled over anytime!?) :lol:

He states that he now feels that a brake upgrade at the wheels is totally unnecessary and can haul down from 140 mph better than his buddy can in his Z06, by about 4 good cars! (Hmmm - will have to prove that out myself if I get the chance!) :auto: Here's a kicker! Z06 guy was nay saying the system "oh yeah - that's that old diesel system" - then got a complete out and out education as to what a dose of 2003 hydraulic brake assist technology was all about... Backwards dragrace ?! Too cool !

OK, OK, I'll get to the point... He made a suggestion that we should offer a "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back" policy or something to really get people to believe in the merits of the system and try it. He was very suprised and a tad embarrased to hear that we already do! He admitted that he didn't fully read all of the supplied paper work which already states that!

So, to any people that haven't read all the paperwork - "SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK IN FULL" - no kidding ! :cheers:
Old 01-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks for supporting. That brake boosting system looks awesome.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:13 AM
Arkansas Flash
Instructor

Good morning everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that Paul has been working with me on a special project for my 78 Pace Car. As a lot of you know I am doing a lot of performance upgrades to it this winter. I communicated with Paul by e-mail several times and then called him on the phone. Then I purchased a unit from him a couple of months ago and hope to have it installed in the car in a couple of more weeks. Paul is a very professional person to work with. Even though I don't have the unit installed yet, I can tell you that it is of extremely high quality and Paul takes great pride in what he sells. Even the packaging that he uses reflects that. Paul has a real interest in our hobby and enjoys working with performance orientated owners.

I'm sure a lot of you have figured out what Paul and I have done to my unit. I'll get pictures up here as soon as it's finished.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:32 PM
Paul in Warren
Instructor

Default Re: New Supporting Manufacturer! (Arkansas Flash)

:cool:
Old 01-30-2003, 07:57 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

On my list of things to do. The manual brakes stop the car but not like I think they should. I used to work on the GM diesel cars and was always impressed with the "pedal" these cars had.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:17 PM
ddecart
Team Owner

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
SPARTAN
CI 3-4-5-6-8-9-10 Vet
CI-9 AutoX Winner
CI-3 Go Kart Champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Welcome aboard! Unfortunately I don't have power steering in my car. :(
Old 01-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Paul in Warren
Instructor

Default Re: New Supporting Manufacturer! (ddecart)

Toss in a Steeroids R & P system, then bolt in our system - and don't look back! (Unless the "hotlights" are flashing behind you!) :jester

Get notified of new replies

To New Supporting Manufacturer!

Old 01-30-2003, 09:39 PM
70 LS1
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now, if I only had power steering.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:56 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: New Supporting Manufacturer! (Arkansas Flash)

snip ...
I'm sure a lot of you have figured out what Paul and I have done to my unit. I'll get pictures up here as soon as it's finished.
By "unit", I sure hope you are talking about a component on your vette !! :lolg:

Welcome Paul. As a true blue DIY guy, I will likely not buy your system.
I would - well - do it myself. But, I'm sure that I am outnumbered by folks
here that want a hassle free bolt-up setup. For this, we are all thankful.
For every vette that stops in time, an original bumper survives another day.

:thumbs:

[Modified by NHvette, 9:57 PM 1/30/2003]
Old 01-30-2003, 10:01 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: New Supporting Manufacturer! (NHvette)

How much is the system??

Quick Reply: New Supporting Manufacturer!