C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 02:45 PM
81vette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Electrical Question

I'm preparing to remove the body from the frame, however I didn't plan ahead and left my driver side power window up and my driver side seat in a position that will not allow me to remove it. :banghead: The engine is out of the car. What do I need to connect to get juice to the power seat and window? I tried reconnecting the battery up a few months back, and the interior light came on but the window and seat did not move. It is possible that the battery was almost dead then and maybe that is why the seat and window did not move. If that's not the case am I going to need to reconnect the wires to the starter to get juice into the cabin? Thanks in advance for your help.

mark
Old 01-27-2003, 03:50 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

Default Re: Electrical Question (81vette)

I think your battery was probably dead (or close to it). You should be able to connect the Battery up and get the accessories to work. Did you have the key in the ignition? I am guessing that your windows won't crank up and down without the key on. As far as the electric seat....I don't know. I don't see a reason why you would have to have your starter connected unless it is supplying the ground for your - post of the battery. You may try just bolting the - side of the starter cable to the frame somewhere and see what that does.
Good luck
John
Old 01-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Robert8096
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Electrical Question (81vette)

If I remember correctly the postive battery terminal connects to the starter and on that same post (on the starter) there was a red wire that supplied the power to the inside of the car. Find that wire and connect it to the battery. This wire should be a 10GA or better and have a fuseable link in it. Just connect the negtive side of the battery as you normaly would. That should make the power seat work but you will need to have the key in the on position to get the window to roll down.

Get notified of new replies

To Electrical Question

Quick Reply: Electrical Question