C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone converted to hydralic clutch????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 07:00 PM
chadman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone converted to hydralic clutch????

Has ne one converted? What is required for the swap? What setup did you use? :grouphug:
Old 01-26-2003, 07:20 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: Anyone converted to hydralic clutch???? (chadman)

Well, I haven't yet. But I am in the same process. I bought a bellhousing and slave system from an '86 Corvette to go in my '80. I also got a set of pedals from another C-3 Vette to go in. I don't see that it will be that big a problem. However be prepared to pull the steering column and maybe the dash (at least one side for a '68-76. Th ebrake booster may have to be removed also.

There's another way to put in a hydraulic system, a hydraulic throwout bearing in the stock style bellhousing and an aftermarket master cyclinder with much the same process as described above.

There is always an obsticle of some kind or another. I think that I will just go ahead and pull it all down and do it right. JIM
Old 01-26-2003, 09:38 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Anyone converted to hydralic clutch???? (chadman)

The master cylinder from a 85 one ton chevy truck fit perfectly in my 75 with only a linkage change. The cover plate in my firewall had all the holes already drilled. The clutch master cylinder is machined on 3 dimensions and it fit the firewall perfectly. I also used the 85 slave cylinder from the same 1 ton truck. Those parts are made for our C3's. Just shorten the linkage.
Other then that you need a short brake line and resovoir.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone converted to hydralic clutch????

Quick Reply: Anyone converted to hydralic clutch????