C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question About Quality

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 02:00 PM
WhyFly
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question About Quality

Hi Group

With Spring a mere 3 months away, I'm doing an interior upgrade on a budget
of course. Too make a long story short, I've found the prices for door panels for my 79 vary between $379/pr from one dealer to, $239 per panel at another. When I called the higher priced supplier I was told that there was No way they could be the same quality door panels. I'm looking for the standard replacement panel. Carpet on the bottom felt strips on the top. My question is. Are there different quality replacement panels? If so, what's the difference? Internet is great but unless you can see and touch them both, how would you know? I'm trying to order a number of parts from one supplier to keep shipping costs downbut boy, prices sure seem to vary. Any suggestions would sure be appreciated. I'm going to spend the money anyway, I just need it to go as far as possible. Thanks Folks.
Old 01-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Question About Quality (WhyFly)

There was a thread awhile back on this. It seems that some people had lots of trouble with fit of replacement door panels. You could search the archive here and at http://www.ncrs.org.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:51 PM
WhyFly
Instructor

Default Re: Question About Quality (silvervetteman)

Thanks for the suggestion SV. Being new to the forum, searching the archive didn't dawn on me..Where do most Vette owners in the US buy their parts. We have very few suppliers here in Canada. I'd like to order a bunch of parts, just not sure who to place the order with...Thanks for your help..
Old 01-26-2003, 09:11 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Question About Quality (WhyFly)

We have a number of members from the Great White North, Paul79 is a great guy and can clue you in on who is probably the best to buy from in the US. Paul also works for a GM dealer and has good luck finding and buying parts directly from GM Restoration channels.
I know that he has stated that who ever you buy from, make sure they will use the United States Postal Service to send the products. Initial charges might be slightly higher, but it will save you bid time over UPS and FedEx at the border.
Another method is to have someone on this side of the border ship the parts to you, labled as "birthday gifts" with under $50.00 value. This will save you big time in duty.
A favorite place of mine to order from is Zip Products, they are a Forum Supporting Vendor, and they offer a small (%5) discount to Forum members.
Good Luck!
Old 01-27-2003, 01:46 AM
paintdaddy
Drifting

Default Re: Question About Quality (Smokehouse69)

There is a big price difference on alot of corvette parts.There are only a few door panel manufacturers but the prices vary alot.I have found ebay to be the best buy.Make sure they both come with the same trim(lock bezel,u trim and carpet). :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To Question About Quality

Quick Reply: Question About Quality