C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight assembly removal/installation question

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 09:35 AM
Scott78
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlight assembly removal/installation question

My front bumper cover and bumper assembly are all off. I'm fitting the new covers for eventually painting the car. I can see removing the light assemblies to paint them now would be easy, but how hard is it to put them back in AFTER the bumper assembly and cover is reinstalled. I guess the best way to phrase this is; Can the headlight assemblies be installed with the bumper in place or is it so difficult that I'm better off to just reassemble the frontend after all the painting is done? Or better yet anyone who's painted a rubber bumper car how much did you take apart on the front body to paint it?
Today I go out and rivet the fender supports back on and bolt the bumper frame back in and so how bad the cover fits :rolleyes: as soon as the garage warms up from -5 :skep:
Thanks
Scott
Old 01-27-2003, 06:47 AM
UKPaul
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Headlight assembly removal/installation question (Scott78)

Scott,
I stripped the lights out with the bumpers all apart & fitted them back in when the front was back together. It can be done quite easily once you work out how. There's a post in the archives about fitting them back in..... & what you mustn't do when you fit them!
:cheers:

Quick Reply: Headlight assembly removal/installation question