C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intermitant wiper circut box repair...i did it...it now works!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 08:00 AM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default intermitant wiper circut box repair...i did it...it now works!

one thing thats a huge pain in the butt is to get caught driving in a light sprinkle and not have intermitant wipers...
reach up...turn them on for a few strokes...turn em off...
then you no sooner get your hand back on the wheel and you have to do it again...and again...and again...
over and over and over again!
i hate to leave my wipers going steady with a light sprinkle as it will scratch the windsheild...
so...i took the circut box that controls it and brought it to my buddys TV repair shop and he checked all of the capacitors etc and they were all good...
however, some of the old solder connections were "broken" from age etc...
he simply heated each one to rejoin them...charged me $5 (actually he said "no charge" but i tipped him $5) and now they work like new!
pretty neat comfort feature to have working... :yesnod:
Old 01-26-2003, 08:44 AM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: intermitant wiper circut box repair...i did it...it now works! (SIGNGUY)

Great advice. Always good to know little tricks like that
Old 01-26-2003, 08:56 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: intermitant wiper circut box repair...i did it...it now works! (SIGNGUY)

I know that's how you fix late model wiper motor boxes with circuit board built in to them....but unaware the problem extended to the individual boxes in our consoles.....good fix!!!!

very common on any card subjected to any vibraton or heat/cold cycles....

it's the heavy connector pins, and they look like it has a ring of loose/cracked solder all round the pin on the solder side of the board....may even turn black a bit from arching as the stiuation got worse and worse....''

GENE
Old 01-26-2003, 09:32 AM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: intermitant wiper circut box repair...i did it...it now works! (mrvette)

I know that's how you fix late model wiper motor boxes with circuit board built in to them....but unaware the problem extended to the individual boxes in our consoles.....good fix!!!!

very common on any card subjected to any vibraton or heat/cold cycles....

it's the heavy connector pins, and they look like it has a ring of loose/cracked solder all round the pin on the solder side of the board....may even turn black a bit from arching as the stiuation got worse and worse....''

GENE
YUP!!
did the same to my low fuel light too!

Get notified of new replies

To intermitant wiper circut box repair...i did it...it now works!

Quick Reply: intermitant wiper circut box repair...i did it...it now works!