C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gained appreciation

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 09:06 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gained appreciation

When I got my '76, I immediately saw a Turbo350 that puked oil. I was dissatisfied with the performance. The front end clunked because the control arm bushings were somewhere on the streets of America. :banghead: The paint too, was full of dull areas and orange peel.

A year later though I have fixed most of the lumps it had. New steering and engine sure helped a lot! And you all know, we look at other cars and compare. Especially those for sale .... a conditioned "buyers remorse" period where you wanna see if you coulda/woulda/shoulda bought another one.

Well, I am jazzed! **Maybe** I could have spent less to make the initial purchase. But what I have is a DRIVER and not intended to be a show car. That paint job looks great when polished and I get lots of compliments on it. The front end is new now as is the engine and I'd trust it to drive cross country now if I wanted to.

When I see others for sale, I see body panels that don't look right or even line up properly. Mine have neither problem. I also see interior that is moldy on other cars, or beat to crap so much it looks like the car was driven hard and put away wet. My interior is not NEW but it is complete and looks good.
Another thing to watch is the condition of the wheels. Often you see trim rings that are dinged up from curb shots and missing center caps. Or in the case of Alloy wheels you will see clear coat coming off or curb shots. My car has nice wheels (ralleys) and there is very minimal damage for 145K miles.
:blueangel:

So yea, she has some blemishes that come with an old car. Sure it clunks when I go into gear. But she runs (now anyway) like a bat outta HE** and no longer has so much as a drip of oil. :yesnod:

Before I get all teary eyed and you guys call me a shrink I'll sign off with this: I really do :yesnod: love :yesnod: my Vette! :yesnod:

:party: :flag
Old 01-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Gained appreciation (SanDiegoPaul)

It is great when a plan comes together!

:cheers:

[Modified by Chris@VetteFinders, 9:12 PM 1/25/2003]
Old 01-25-2003, 09:58 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Gained appreciation (Chris@VetteFinders)

It is great when a plan comes together!

You are correct. The expenses for the repairs all came from a Home Equity Line of Credit that I purposely opened for the upgrades/repair of the newly purchased car.

At that time, I was just DRIVING the heck out of it :blueangel: and trying to see if it was gonna be a PILE that I had to sell, or if it indeed would become a reliable automobile.

Well the rest is history: It passed the "90-day" test without ever dying, leaving me stranded, or breaking down. :troll

So I figgered it was worthy of some expenditures! :cheers: :cool:
Old 01-26-2003, 03:43 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Gained appreciation (SanDiegoPaul)

You need to go out and :grouphug: your vette alittle more often.... :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Gained appreciation

Quick Reply: Gained appreciation