C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lakewood Bellhousing w/adj. clutch fork pivot ball

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Arkansas Flash
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lakewood Bellhousing w/adj. clutch fork pivot ball

I am putting a Lakewood bellhousing in my 78 Pace Car. I am also using the Lakewood clutch fork. I have a Ram clutch, pressure plate, flywheel and throw out bearing. I am putting in a 73 Muncie gearbox with a Gear Vender's overdrive unit on the back of it. Does anyone know about where I should set the ball at to get started with the adjustment? This transmission is long and heavy and I really don't want to have to stab it a dozen times. I have searched the archives and all of the discussions seem to be about Centerforce set ups.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:12 PM
71roadster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Lakewood Bellhousing w/adj. clutch fork pivot ball (Arkansas Flash)

You don't need to put the transmission in to do this adjustment. You will need a $2 clutch alignment tool. Your clutch should have come with instructions for getting the fork adjusted properly. If not, I would try to dig them up somewhere or maybe use the same settings as the centerforce clutch. The only pain in the butt is installing/removing the bellhousing a couple of times. When you finally have it set, be sure to use a bunch of locktite on the thing or tack weld it in place. If it came loose, then you would have to pull the whole tranny out.

Chris

Quick Reply: Lakewood Bellhousing w/adj. clutch fork pivot ball