C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition Glitch!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 08:56 PM
Taijutsu
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Ignition Glitch!

My 74 has been acting up lately. The ignition cuts out for a brief period shortly after start up. This is usually within the first 15 min but tonight it was at first start. I kept cranking and it finally kicked off! I have checked for the obvious and can't see anything wrong/broken. I disconnected my kill switch thinking that might be the problem. This doesn't seem to help. I wondwer if my coil is starting to fade or the Uni Light has a problem. I can't get the glitch to reproduce itself in a way to check it out. Any ideas out there? I'm thinking of changing the Mallory coil just for peace of mind. The coil is a t least 8-10 years old. I'm terrified that it will quit on me in the middle of an intersection. Not to mention when I have my wife in the car. I would never hear the end of it! PLEASE HELP! TIA
Old 01-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Clink69
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ignition Glitch! (Taijutsu)

Tell us more about your entire ignition system.... Do you have points? If so suspect them. If points also suspect the condenser.. If electronic ignition suspect the sender in distributor (module) and or the ignition discharge box..

Chris :flag

Quick Reply: Ignition Glitch!