C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fustration Building

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 05:01 PM
9SecVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fustration Building

Ever since i can remember, i have loved vettes. Im 18 now and i still dont have one :( . I know eventually when i have enough money to get one i will get one, but it is just fustrating to not be driving a vette. My bro just got his dream car (an MKIII supra) and i am so jelous of him. both his car and the one that i want (C3 vette) are around the same price. But im so far behind in money that im afraid im gonna get thru a year of college before i get one. I dont mean to cry about this but its been something on my chest that i just had to get off. but one thing i do know...when i do get my vette, im gonna cherish it. also ive seen alot of very nice vettes on this forum and i want to congradulate everyone with their vettes. :auto:
Old 01-23-2003, 05:26 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Default Re: Fustration Building (9SecVette)

I was in the same boat as you for awhile, I've wanted one my whole life. I'm 22 now and just got one a month ago. :cool:

Here is some advice:
Dont buy a vette as your first car, and dont sell your only other car to get the vette. You Will need another car!!! This will alow you to fix things on your schedule and not whenever your car decides it wants to eat more money!!! And let's face it... the gas mileage sucks, if you drove it every day you couldnt afford to fix it up.

OK, enough sounding like your father. I hope you get a vette real soon.
Good luck!!! :cheers:
Old 01-23-2003, 05:28 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

an MKIII supra) What is that??? Just give it time you will get there....and yes I would recommend a daily driver to with it
Old 01-23-2003, 05:45 PM
9SecVette
Instructor

Default Re: Fustration Building (Alwyn678)

yeah i know not to "impulse" buy. i would never when it comes to a vette. also an MKIII supra is a toyota brand import car. this is a MKIII supra. almost identical but this isnt his car.
Old 01-23-2003, 06:05 PM
rexx78
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry about it, I had to wait until I was 25 to get my first vette. I had to finish college first, then after I bought it, I had to wait to buy a house so I could start taking it apart. I have owned mine for 2 years, and only driven it a few times with a transport permit on it.

Don't worry, save your money and keep your other car as a daily driver. Once you have the vette, that's when it gets expensive... :cheers:
Old 01-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

What mods are done to the MK3??
Old 01-23-2003, 08:53 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Sounds a lot like my first love.Take my advice and save for the Vette,stay away from the girls till after you get the Vette,or you'll be waiting 18 years like I did before you actually own a Vette. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 01-23-2003, 11:08 PM
9SecVette
Instructor

Default Re: Fustration Building (Metal_Wulf)

not really sure bout the mods on the MKIII. (if any), he just bought it and it has spent most of its time in the shop.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:28 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

turbo ?
Old 01-24-2003, 05:54 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

I was soooo poor when I was in school. I thought Ramen noodles were all I would ever eat my whole life. It gets better though, things come together. You'll graduate, get a nice job somwehere, save a few bucks and then BAM just when you aren't expecting it you're gonna come across a '69 vert BB for $5k (needs a little work :lol: ) then the fun really begins! :yesnod:

Hang tough and know that good times await you! :cheers:
Old 01-24-2003, 06:14 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my first Corvette when I was 22 and have ownd vetts since. I have always used the as my driver but, keep them up and don't abuse them. I always tell newcommers to get the nicest, best corvette they can find (and afford of course) regarless of year, color, optiondns . Do your home work and ahead so you will be ready when the time comes. A bad experience with you first Corvette will sour you on them so be carfull here. There are a lot of cars to choose from. You do not have to buy the first one you see. On the other hand if you buy a good one you will enjoy the car and learn about the cars and if you decide that you want a specific year or whatever you will have something of value to work with and more insight about Corvettes
Old 01-24-2003, 06:21 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Fustration Building (77Dream)

And let's face it... the gas mileage sucks
What are you talking about? I get good 12mpg! :lol: :cheers: :steering:
Old 01-24-2003, 03:59 PM
9SecVette
Instructor

Default Re: Fustration Building (groovyjay)

Metal_Wulf: yes it is a turbo.(single)
Old 01-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

if your bro ever needs a new longblock I know where you can get them for like $650 at your doorstep :thumbs:

My buddy has a '91 MK3, My vette can take him off the line, but once his turbo kicks in he's gone. So when you get your vette make sure you can always beat his supra or you'll never hear the end of it!! :steering:
Old 01-24-2003, 06:17 PM
9SecVette
Instructor

Default Re: Fustration Building (Metal_Wulf)

yeah i know what you mean. off the line, vettes are pretty much the best (excluding drivers skill). so i know im gonna have to not only work on the start but also i will find some way to make it better (faster after the start). :auto:
Old 01-24-2003, 07:36 PM
74FLCONV
Melting Slicks

My formula/advice for the "youngsters:A + B = C

A) Don't ever be "jealous" of a Toyota...or any *** car for that matter (or Porsche, Jaguar, etc...any dinkus with good credit can lease one...they can't build one, though).

+

B) Save your money, invest a little, finish college and don't "F*#k up (e.g. jail, pregnant girlfriend, drugs, credit card debt)

=

C) With patience, you will not only be able to buy any Vette you desire, but a big-butt house with a four car garage.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

Get notified of new replies

To Fustration Building

Quick Reply: Fustration Building