C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible Top Mounting Points

Old 01-21-2003, 06:38 PM
777daytona
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertible Top Mounting Points

1/21/2003

I don't have one in front of me as a reference, so I need some help.
What do the mounting points look like and how easy is it to attach a convertable top to a C3?

I am considering purchasing a car currently without a top, so I want to know how the 'bows' (that hold up the convertable top) attach to the car. Make sense?

Thanx! :cool:
Old 01-21-2003, 07:28 PM
72GACRZR
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Re: Convertible Top Mounting Points (777daytona)

Should be 4 bolts and 3 front top latches. The convertible tops frame attaches behind the seats on the inside of the body and that's all except for the front 3 latches. A hard top has 3 additional mounting holes in the rear deck.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum. :seeya

[Modified by 72GACRZR, 7:29 PM 1/21/2003]
Old 01-21-2003, 08:36 PM
jdunne
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have all or most of the parts,it really is only a matter of getting an assembly manual and bolting it in......if you don't have all the parts,you will not believe how expensive they are to buy separately...if you are buying all new parts it will probably be +$2500...john :chevy
Old 01-21-2003, 10:41 PM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

The main securement of the top frame is 4 bolts (2 each side) that bolt into the frame just behind the seats. The header (front bow) has 3 locks that engage the window frame. The rear bow has 2 pins that lock into the rear deck. I'm in the process of restoring my frame as it was bent and very rusted. If you don't have a frame already, it gets kind of expensive to buy a new one. You may find a used one but could run into the rust factor. If you do find a used one with just a rusted header (front bow), you can buy a new header to weld into place for about $300.00. That is what I did on my frame. Either way you are looking at spending some $$$$$$$$$

Get notified of new replies

To Convertible Top Mounting Points

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Convertible Top Mounting Points