C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do you tell if your car came with a Gymkhana Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 06:03 PM
signthere.com
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you tell if your car came with a Gymkhana Suspension

how can i tell? :confused:
Old 01-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: how do you tell if your car came with a Gymkhana Suspension (signthere.com)

You have a 1980 I believe. It is useful for respondents if you put that in your signature.

The 1980 without FE7 had a 7/8" front sway bar and no rear sway bar. The FE7 RPO featured a 1 1/8" front sway bar with a 7/16" rear sway bar. Of 40, 614 1980s produced, only 9,907 had the FE7 option.

This is the GM rear sway bar.

[Modified by paul79, 6:36 PM 1/21/2003]
Old 01-21-2003, 06:41 PM
signthere.com
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: how do you tell if your car came with a Gymkhana Suspension (signthere.com)

True i forgot to add i own a 1980...good memory! From the looks of the picture you posted my car didnt come with it. THANKS! :cheers:
Old 01-21-2003, 07:46 PM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

signthere.com,

If the springs have not been removed from the car, there is a possibility that the spring still has a paper "broadcast code" afixed. It will be a green paper tag with black lettering.

Codes "BHD" and "BHF" indicate the car has standard suspension with gross axle weight ratings (GAWRF) of 0 to 780 lbs and over 780 lbs respectively.

Codes "BHJ" and "BHK" are for the FE7 Suspension with GAWRF of 0 to 812 and over 812 lbs respectively.

-----------------------------

If the spare tire carrier is removed from the car, the original build sheet listing options may still be glued to the fuel tank. My build sheet was quite fragile and really stuck on to the gas tank.

I removed my gas tank as part of my restoration, and when I had it out, I removed the build sheet. I took lots of closeup photos before trying to remove the sheet. I did destroy a few parts of the sheet, but most of what was destroyed was either blank or faded beyond recognition.

With the spare tire carrier removed, you can probably read the build sheet RPO codes without removing it.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:30 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: how do you tell if your car came with a Gymkhana Suspension (mapman)

Hey Mapman:

When you dropped the carrier...was the build sheet in plan view but upside down? Secondly, how did you remove the build sheet from the tank surface?

Get notified of new replies

To how do you tell if your car came with a Gymkhana Suspension

Quick Reply: how do you tell if your car came with a Gymkhana Suspension