C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starter/Clutch Lockout Switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Kim72
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Starter/Clutch Lockout Switch

The switch in my car (top of the clutch pedal) is acting up and I need to take it out to clean or replace it. This looks like a bear to get at!! Anyone been there before and have any tips?? I thought I might take out the driver's seat to get more room for access.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:18 AM
Turbo-Jet
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Starter/Clutch Lockout Switch (Kim72)

I was able access mine without severe contortions by opening the door wide and laying my back on the doorsill with my head in the foot well. A pillow really helps.

So are you driving your '72 this time of year?
Old 01-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Kim72
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: Starter/Clutch Lockout Switch (Turbo-Jet)

Ed T: Thanks for the info on the switch. Not sure I need another one just yet. If I do I will keep you in mind.

Cam: Thanks for the input. Never thought about a pillow. That would probably help. My car is off the road until begining of April. I'm working on my list of maintenance projects from last summer. Also getting some rechroming done. Are you now living in Vancouver or still in Victoria?? I'm actually out in North Delta.
Old 01-22-2003, 01:18 PM
Turbo-Jet
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Starter/Clutch Lockout Switch (Kim72)

Cam: Thanks for the input. Never thought about a pillow. That would probably help. My car is off the road until begining of April. I'm working on my list of maintenance projects from last summer. Also getting some rechroming done. Are you now living in Vancouver or still in Victoria?? I'm actually out in North Delta.
Yeah, I'm here, but my car is still in Victoria for the winter. I live downtown, but I am working on Annacis Island. Maybe see you around in the spring, can take some photos of the cars.

Get notified of new replies

To Starter/Clutch Lockout Switch

Quick Reply: Starter/Clutch Lockout Switch