C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

couple of interior questions on my '71.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 08:30 AM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Received 161 Likes on 49 Posts

Default couple of interior questions on my '71.

Hey guys. Started putting the dash in the vette yesterday and have some questions.
1. The center guage cluster I know bolts to the sides of the right and left lower dash pads. The top of the cluster has a single screw hole that bolts to the bottom of the dash. And there are 2 screws below the center vents that screw into the ductining behind the cluster. Now the questtion is that there are 2 more holes for screw up near the top of the cluster where the vents and the wiper switch are. These seem to go in at a slight angle. The problem is I don't see anything behind the cluster that these would screw into. The only attachment points up at the top are the one into the bottom of the dash pad and the 2 that go into the ducting. Am I missing something behind there? :confused:

2. I found in my box of parts 2 almost cardboard like peices stamped RF and LF. They are probably about 12 inches long and 5 inches wide. They have an oval cutout in each of them that is about "3-4x"1 They also have three screw holes along one edge that have the clips still attached for scews to go through. They are the same color as the original interior and appear to be scuffed from shoe's marking thim up at one time. Any ideas of what these are and where they go? :confused:

This has been the definate draw back to rebuilding a project that someone else started and didn't document. The AIM seems to only go so far on information. :eek: :confused: :smash:

Thanks for any help that you can offer.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:51 AM
WHTSHARK
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: couple of interior questions on my '71. (BlackRat)

I think the answer to #2 is stone guards for headlights, go behind front grill. :thumbs:
Old 01-21-2003, 12:25 PM
TonyQT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: couple of interior questions on my '71. (WHTSHARK)

I think the answer to #2 is stone guards for headlights, go behind front grill. :thumbs:
:iagree:
Old 01-21-2003, 12:41 PM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Received 161 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Re: couple of interior questions on my '71. (Ed T)

They are about the same size as the headlight gaurds but they are interior peices. I will try and get a hold of a digital camera and post a pic.

Ed T So you have a total of 7 screws holding the center to the dash?
2 x each side.
1 up into dash.
2 below the vents and through the air duct.

Thanks for the comments. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To couple of interior questions on my '71.

Quick Reply: couple of interior questions on my '71.