C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1968 BB Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 10:31 PM
camarox11
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1968 BB Coupe

I have a few items that I’m looking for on my ’68 BB Coupe. They are as follows:

Dome Light Lenses (2). I heard they were supposed to be getting remanufactured by someone but haven’t had any luck locating them. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Inner Seal Assemblies that go between the windows and door panels. I have found a remanufactured set (6pc set) for $179. Does anyone know were they are sold at a more reasonable price?

This one is more of a problem than anything. Two words….Hood Clearance! My car was originally a 400HP Tri-Power car. Of course the original motor is long gone and now someone has placed a 396/402 in the car (this way when I bought it). It currently has an intake casting # of 3883948. Supposedly off of a 1967 427 Vette among other things. I though that this intake would have the correct clearance but does not, I suppose due to the body change. I think the intake manifold # that I need for this all to work is a 3937793. Could anyone tell me what will work or won’t work or if there is a way to make what I have work? If anyone has one of these intakes for sale please let me know. The intake doesn’t necessarily have to be the correct casting as long as it would work for my application.:banghead:

Thanks for the help!!
Old 01-20-2003, 10:57 PM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Re: 1968 BB Coupe (camarox11)

Intakes on 67 were slightly higher than 68 up. You will need to find one from those models.

Quick Reply: 1968 BB Coupe