C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New BIGS carb came in....

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 08:28 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default New BIGS carb came in....

I figured I would try out something a little different than the Demon or Holley and went with a BIGS 750 Vacuum Secondary carb for this motor. They set it up for my engine, converter, tranny & rear end and tested it before shipping. It came out of the wrapping with a gas smell so I can atest to that. I guess we will see how this works out. And yes... they recommended going with the vacuum secondary carb with the single plane intake rather than a mechanical DP mostly because of the stock converter even though this car will be on the drag strip. Nice looking carb. Could have gotten red, blue or yellow anodized front & back sections, but opted for a satin silver.

Old 01-20-2003, 08:49 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Default Re: New BIGS carb came in.... (bgrice)

Nice carb! Do you have a link to their web site? I have a AED Holley 750 mechanical but have kicked around the idea of a single plane and vacuum secondary carb....when I finish other projects and find more $$$ :cry
Old 01-20-2003, 09:09 PM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

Sound slike a nice outfit :D Let us know how it runs

:cheers:
Pat Kunz
Old 01-20-2003, 09:42 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: New BIGS carb came in.... (C3 Shark Tank)

Nice carb! Do you have a link to their web site? I have a AED Holley 750 mechanical but have kicked around the idea of a single plane and vacuum secondary carb....when I finish other projects and find more $$$ :cry
I actually ran into this carb on E-bay and then started doing *Goggle* searches to see what I might find. Although I had heard of BIGS while I was associated with drag racing I never thought about it as I was running an out of the box Holley 1050 at the time. Everyone has their preferences and at the time I had heard too many bad things about Barry Grant carbs & race fuel pumps giving up that I decided to pass. Granted... the BG Demons seem to have a great following these days.

To make a long story short here's one of the articles I read. Don't get pissed that is is a *Ford* link. Read it as it is informative.
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...gs/index.shtml

I then contacted Jesse(Bignell) and told him what I was working with. He made some recommendations that I thought were someone who wanted my business and I ended up buying the carb. I think you would find it hard to find Holley or Demon who will set the carb up for you. They have no website... purely a carb shop out of Wisconsin that builds performance/drag/boat carbs. Great people(Lynn Bignell actually owns the business) to deal with who are willing to give me tech support as I go along.

Here's an e-mail address if you would like to contact them.

bigs@execpc.com
Old 01-20-2003, 11:17 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Looks good.. I hope that it will perform as expected!!

:cheers:

Olivier
Old 01-21-2003, 08:00 AM
mpro71vette
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Barry, nice carb, I can't wait to hear how it runs! When do you think you will get your new engine in? I am considering this carb from the things you have said. I just got my frame back from being sandblasted so I am starting to build the vette back up.

Get notified of new replies

To New BIGS carb came in....

Quick Reply: New BIGS carb came in....