C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lead Paint on 71 Frame?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 10:00 AM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Lead Paint on 71 Frame?

Does anyone know if the OE frame paint used by GM contained lead? I've been cleaning my frame with a wire brush on a flex chuck to my power drill and have dveloped a really bad headache. Any connection?
Old 01-20-2003, 12:21 PM
lbell101
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lead Paint on 71 Frame? (flynhi)

Most auto paints STILL have lead in them (unless you live in CA). So yes, it's likely there is lead in that paint. But no, I doubt the lead is causing your headache. I get one anytime I fill my sinuses with dirt and dust (probably a dust/ dirt allergy). No matter what the substance is. Wear a mask, take a hot shower immediately afterwards, blow your nose and spit alot, take 3 Advils before bed (after you have sucked dirt for the day). This seems to work for me.
Old 01-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: Lead Paint on 71 Frame? (lbell101)

Simple Green does it to me. Great stuff, but my sinuses hate it. I think lead paint will just short out the +/- in your brain and make you like want to eat happy meals and play with GI joes. :lol: Probably just the solvents you are using.
Old 01-20-2003, 12:29 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Lead Paint on 71 Frame? (flynhi)

Will,
Are you laying down under the car while using the wheel? If so it is probably due to a combination of the dust you're breathing in and your sinus cavities not being able to drain, when you are laying down.
I noticed the very same thing when I spend a prolonged period flat on my back under the car. I take a couple of Sudafed and it usually clears up in an hour or so.

Get notified of new replies

To Lead Paint on 71 Frame?

Quick Reply: Lead Paint on 71 Frame?